Pronunciations. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok I had to go back to the southern accent thing.. My sister in law has a very think accent and she even pronounces my name hAY-lee with a long drawn out ay.. So even if there is only one proper way to say it you wouldn't tell an Aussie that they are talking wrong when they say "giday mate" you would smile and probably want them to keep talking right? So knowing that the "southern" english language uses long ays.. one could just assume that they are saying it correct just with an accent

Cool, I was pronoucing it chick-a-lit. :)

This is one of the most interested threat because i didn't think that you, the americans have this kind of problems with the pronunciation. Chick-a-lit is the way that romanians people pronunced because between my language and latin language is a very little difference ( so, i can help you, if you want). "Ci" in latin is prounced "see", just in romanian is "chi", this is one of the few changes that there is. The way that we read a text is the old latin style, but with some little changes.
Oh,and... by the way, Betta is Bett-aaah :-s
Bye!

Thanks for clearing up that sick-lid! When I first read the word I put the 'h' in the wrong place: chiclid and therefore pronounced it "chicklit" like the tiny gum candy.

I have a funny way of reading words sometimes. I try to make the spelling fit my pronunciation. I was also pronouncing kribensis as krib-a-nees. /weird

How do you pronounce killifish? Is it kill-E-fish?

Isn't algae pronounced Allergy? I've heard so many people say that and I can't help but laugh.

Algae - Al-GEE is how I say it

Back
Top Bottom