Put a face to the screen name - Post your selfie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably a few reasons. It's Saturday night of a long/holiday weekend. MACNA is here in DC, lots of the salt folks there. College football season started.

Very true. Always wanted to go to an aquarium convention, but most are either in england or salty. Might be going to Aquatic Experience 2015 in chicago this november.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Very true. Always wanted to go to an aquarium convention, but most are either in england or salty. Might be going to Aquatic Experience 2015 in chicago this november.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Wait whats going on in chitown?! Thats close to me!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its an 8-9hr drive, but ive been contemplating going as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its an 8-9hr drive, but ive been contemplating going as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why does it have to be in NOVEMBER!!!!:facepalm::banghead: Not sure my thin Florida blood can handle the Chicago cold that time of year :facepalm: Tell them to reschedule for the summer :D

Hey I should be there too! I may volunteer to sit at the Chicago Killifish Association table. I'm about 60 miles away from the city as we call it here in Indiana.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why does it have to be in NOVEMBER!!!!:facepalm::banghead: Not sure my thin Florida blood can handle the Chicago cold that time of year :facepalm: Tell them to reschedule for the summer :D

Lol! Chilly Michigan hit -18 in my town and I considered it warm. November in Chicagos nothin.

Hey I should be there too! I may volunteer to sit at the Chicago Killifish Association table. I'm about 60 miles away from the city as we call it here in Indiana.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ill keep a look out for ya.

Lol! Chilly Michigan hit -18 in my town and I considered it warm. November in Chicagos nothin.
But, but.... my average high in November is 78-80 and the average low is 58-60 while Chi town's average high is 50 +/- and the average low is 35 +/-. Brrrrrr. More than sweater weather for me. :D:lol:

But, but.... my average high in November is 78-80 and the average low is 58-60 while Chi town's average high is 50 +/- and the average low is 35 +/-. Brrrrrr. More than sweater weather for me. :D:lol:

Sounds like warm paradise!

Hey Andy next time you're up at East grand let us know! We live not far from there at all. No way we could go to Chicago. But we are talking about the CATFISH convention in Virginia

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Psh November is nothing!!! Try January and February then you can complain...but only a little lol

Psh November is nothing!!! Try January and February then you can complain...but only a little lol

Lol yes January and February are bad. November starts to get cold and December is peachy with sweet fluffy snow, but January and February being blizzards that shut down the town and drive ice needles into your skin. It can easily hit -30

Well, I'm not saying you all should move to FL but....... ;) ;) ;) since 1974, when I moved to S. FL, it's snowed on me 2 times ( if I recall correctly) and it froze here in Central FL only 2 times as well ( and that's been in the last few years.) I think I prefer here to there at that time of year. :whistle: ;)

As for a trip back up to Maine, I usually go either the end of June or beginning of July. I'll keep you posted when I make arrangements. (y)

Well, I'm not saying you all should move to FL but....... ;) ;) ;) since 1974, when I moved to S. FL, it's snowed on me 2 times ( if I recall correctly) and it froze here in Central FL only 2 times as well ( and that's been in the last few years.) I think I prefer here to there at that time of year. :whistle: ;)

As for a trip back up to Maine, I usually go either the end of June or beginning of July. I'll keep you posted when I make arrangements. (y)

Snow bird! :p lol jk

Lol yes January and February are bad. November starts to get cold and December is peachy with sweet fluffy snow, but January and February being blizzards that shut down the town and drive ice needles into your skin. It can easily hit -30

I live in Minnesota where everything after December is -30 or close to it. Once it's back up to 18 I'm shoveling my driveway in a t shirt and shorts

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Snow bird! :p lol jk

Reverse snowbird actually? ;) ( If I were smart, I'd be outta here for Aug & Sept. Historically the hottest months here. :^o ) But I am only up there for vacation for a week or 2 whereas my town has a true snowbird community that stays here for about 4-6 months. Just long enough for their feathers to warm up then they go North for the summer. :D (y)

Back
Top Bottom