"Python" vs bucket brigade water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TT71

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have completed an approx. 50% water change on my tank (30gal) via bucket method. I have an aequeon. I'll keep it short an sweet never again.
Thank You to everyone here for the subtle and not so subtle nudges to buy one.

Lynda I dont know if I'm spoiled by doing them with the water changer and then had to do a "quick fix" but yeah never again. My fish are probably made at me for subjecting them to that. :)

I use a plain gravel vac and a bucket because none of the nearby sinks have a screw on faucet for a python. Glad yours got easier though :)

Aces11 said:
I use a plain gravel vac and a bucket because none of the nearby sinks have a screw on faucet for a python. Glad yours got easier though :)

I use an adapter to attach it to my shower. If there's threading, odds are there's an adapter for it.

aqua_chem said:
I use an adapter to attach it to my shower. If there's threading, odds are there's an adapter for it.

Nothing in my sink has threading :( not the faucets or the shower

Aces11 said:
Nothing in my sink has threading :( not the faucets or the shower

I had the same problem. I has my buddy who's a plumber hook something up with adapters, now it works fine.

Anyone ever use a python to vacuum a tank on a lower floor? Is it possible? My tank is in the basement and there are no sinks or bathrooms down there. If I ran the python from my kitchen Dow to the tank would I get any suction?

Buckets with a 90 gallon is killing me! Any other suggestions?

Anyone ever use a python to vacuum a tank on a lower floor? Is it possible? My tank is in the basement and there are no sinks or bathrooms down there. If I ran the python from my kitchen Dow to the tank would I get any suction?

I think somebody said that more than likely suction would be so little that it would take forever or not even work.

I am going to have to get me a water changer now!

That's what I afraid of but I don't know If there are other options other then buckets.

What kind of filter do u have? I knw a canister will work as a pump to drain water. Now I have heard people do the same with a aquaclears filter.

Get a pump and pump the water out from your bucket.

Hmmm good idea! Thing I can run it into my sump pump and have it pumped out from there?

I must be the odd man out, I like buckets, it's a good workout plus all my tanks are under 30 gallons. : )

P.S. I have the aqueon which is nice on occasion, maybe i just like being arm deep in my tanks for a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom