Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
LOL The start of a new addiction.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I prefer the recycled paper bedding over the wood. We're using a wood type of shredded bedding now (not cedar), and the smell is worse, it needs cleaned up after only a couple of days. The re-cycled paper bedding lasted so much longer. It absorbed more and didnt smell bad after only one day. My hamster seemed to like to burrown in the paper more too, but I dont really know his preference.

I almost dated a psychic.....

She left me before we met.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:45 PM   #13
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Hey Menagerie...think shredded paper would work well for capybara?
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Old 02-14-2005, 06:09 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
I spend my time trying to get rid of them. If I catch one, I'll send him to ya.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
She [ I don't know what it is, but need some way to refer to it ] is so FRIGGEN CUTE!!

I have a little dark dark dark brownish/black one whose no more then 2 inches from nose to where her tail begins [ her tails another 3 inches atleast ].

She has made herself quite at home in the 10gal, With her little chewy home and running wheel [ Which she has been running on constantly for almost an hour and a half...and the wheel squeaks ]

Now she threw ALL the food out of her food dish, and decided to sleep in the food dish instead of her "home"

Now foods all over the bottom of the tank. Oh well.

Shes wired as heck, to. She can just about jump out of the tank [ if I didn't have it covered ] and is absolutely rambunctious.

its like shes eaten a bag of coffee beans.

I'll post pics when I get battereis for my Digicam.
30gal; Bala Shark, Pl*co
Old 02-15-2005, 09:20 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
Congrats, William!

From your description, I would guess your mouse is 3 - 4 weeks old. They call them 'popcorn' at this stage of development for reasons you have already noticed! In about two weeks, your mouse will have calmed down considerably. In the meantime, be careful when holding him/her, because he/she might fearlessly leap out of your hands and get hurt or escape.

It sounds like you've got a nice home set up. I'm not at all surprised about the feeding dish - oh well, mice have their own ideas about decorating. What kind of water bottle do you have? LixIt makes a very nice one - its quick-release bracket can be attached to glass cages with double sided mounting tape.

It would be nice to know what sex your mouse is, because he/she should have at least one same-sex cagemate. Mice are very social and can become depressed if housed alone.

The easiest way to sex mice is to compare the distance between the anus and the genital papilla. It's twice the distance in males as it is in females. I've attached a pic of two of my adult mice to illustrate this. Another way to sex young mice is to look for the presence of two rows of nipples running along the abdomen. They are present in females, but absent in males.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	female_male.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	871  
Old 02-15-2005, 10:02 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Psyhampster Send a message via Yahoo to Psyhampster
hehe, Mousey butts! LOL!

http://www.aquarank.com/images/users/1.gif Vote For Us!

20 gal FW
2 Flame Blue Platies, 2 Micky Mouse Platies, 2 Flame Gold Platies, 1 German Blue Ram, 2 Yo-Yo Loaches

30 gal FW

1 Marble Hatchet, 5 Silver Hatchets, 6 Zebra Danios, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Fancy Guppies, 1 Yo-Yo Loach
Old 02-15-2005, 10:04 PM   #18
you make me laff Psyhamster your like me you laff at the wierdest things
Old 02-15-2005, 10:08 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus
Originally Posted by Psyhampster
hehe, Mousey butts! LOL!
I never even considered the thought that one day...one day in my life, I would actually see the rear regions of a mouse. I mean...who knew!

Old 02-15-2005, 10:38 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict
I know they should be paired up, But for unrelated reasons I was only able to get one.

Once I sex this one, I will clean up its tank to get rid of any territorial markings and then add another so they can live cutely and calmly for the end of days.

As for water bottle, I got this balless glass one from Lil'Paw. It is quick release, and hangs from the tanks edge...Which works good with the glass hood. Dosn't get in the way.

Whats some good fluffy stuff I could give for a bedding? You know, like that stuff that collects on the lint trap of the dryer type of fluffy stuff.

30gal; Bala Shark, Pl*co
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com