Question for the Techies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been having problems transferring some critical files from my old laptop to my desktop.

The laptop is an old IBM 600E (Pentium II). No burner and of course, I deleted the old external burner program (Nero) some time ago.

I've tried individual diskettes. But when I try to download the disks, I get a formatting error and then my A: drive doesn't read them anymore.

What options do I have at this point?

If your old laptop has a network card you can use a cat 5 cross over cable. If not you can use a parell or serial cable to transfer the files newer version of windows have a file trasnfer wizard that will walk u through the process.

Thanks BillyZ - I would certainly utilize this device in the future. The unfortunate thing about using this for this now is that the laptop is so prehistoric, it doesn't even have any USB ports (nor an internal floppy-drive).

*I've bookmarked the site though...lots of interesting gadgets :D

ThinkGeek is the shizzle!! Be sure to pay close attention to their caffeine section... particularly such extravagances as "Shower Shock: the caffinated soap!" and the very tastey, Penguin Mints! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom