R.I.P Waldo :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msesfazey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I was doing my usual Saturday morning water change only to find my dear Waldo half eaten and dead under one of the decorations. :-( I'm so sad he was named and one of my favorite fishes. He was thriving last night before I went to bed and I assume my red finned shark got him? She never seemed to mess with him before so I'm not entirely sure. But I'm a sad fish lover today. :-(.

He was a albino pleco just a lil guy. Had him about two months. I was quite fond of him. Named him Waldo cause anytime I sat infront of the tank it was a game of where's Waldo. :-(

This is why I'm so hesitant to start a tank. Fish seem so fragile to me. My heart feels heavy and I'd never even met Waldo! I can't imagine how I'd handle the learning process and the number of fish that will die because of my inexperience and mistakes. Not to mention that the life expectancy of fish isn't the greatest to begin with. RIP Waldo.

What are your other inhabitants ? I couldn't see a shark just killing and eating a pleco (I mean unless it's an adult rainbow shark in a tank not suitable for him, I've heard they go on rampages). I'm sorry about you're little Waldo. :(

No he was the only one they are all suitable in tank to fish ratio. I have tiger barbs. I can't see them little guys tearing Waldo's tail off. I dunno it was sad. :-( my kiddos are sad. Maybe just a fluke accident the lady at my LFS was sympathetic and told me a similar story of one of her plecos. It happens I suppose.

Tiger barbs can be little punks?? I had a 2 month old albino Pleco go belly up for no apparent reason whatsoever, tank parameters were good, it looked healthy and active. Sometimes there are just inferior fish sold that never really have any decent chance of living a full life...

It could have been one of my barbs they are little punks sometimes. But I do enjoy their aggressiveness.

That is too bad, I am sorry about that. :( As has been said, sometimes it just happens. A lot goes on in the time between when a fish is bred, makes eggs and fry and whatnot that grow into the fish that get sold around and eventually end up in your tank. There are a lot of factors in their lives that you just can't know about, so sometimes random deaths happen. It is always sad though. RIP Waldo.

Back
Top Bottom