Free /RAOK 10 pack of Banana, Bonus Guava & Jackfruit leaves ends 5/1/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Random drawing extended for one package.

EDIT two packages were awarded by the deadline of April 30, 2019...

One package remains unclaimed - drawing for deadline of midnight May 1, 2019

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who would like to try Banana Leaves in their aquarium?

^^ Edit: And some Guava leaves?

2nd Edit: Officially added to the package....
5-6 Black Guava Leaves
3 medium/Large Jack Fruit leaves
A little sample of 2 foods
Ebita Breed Spinach Tabs (a few)
(today the snails jumped right on some and ate them right up)
Ebita Breed Quatro II (a few)

Sampling of two versions of Soybean Hulls aka Snow Pops
Official Snow Pops from Shrimp King, just a few, as I only had the sample pack
And not a typo... Amino Version Promium
<3 Gotta Love international translations
a number of pieces of those

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dried leaves are thought to have antifungal use, medicinal benefit of wellness, and better color and breeding in fish.

Beneficial for fish which prefer lower pH and botanicals in their water. Crustaceans, your Dwarf Shrimp. May be used for a couple weeks releasing their beneficial magic, can be removed or left to degrade which can add hiding places for fish and snails or small food sources for baby fish and shrimp.

May reduce pH in the tank water so do smaller water changes more often to lessen pH changes for the inhabitants!

They are relatively inexpensive but can take time to get from some vendors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have 3 opportunities of 5 (now more like 10+ pieces banana leaves) and the above added stuff to share.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GUIDELINES

One entry per member.

Ends April 30th 2019 - Midnight Mountain Daylight Savings time.

Please share a pic if you have it, of the tank you would want to try it in. If you do not have a pic that is fine!

3 names will be randomly selected and you will be notified within 24 hours.

You will need to share your address via PM only /not posted in public, asap, and the packs will ship off on that Friday. No cost to you.

Love you guys and hope to encourage a fun and adventurous tank life. <3
Pics follow.

Last edited:
Ghost Crayfish tank with Banana leaves
Banana Leaves and IAL, with Guava Red and Black leaves. And Phoenix the Thai Betta
60074-albums14756-picture72066.jpg

60074-albums14756-picture72065.jpg

Big tan flat leaf to the left
60074-albums14756-picture72064.jpg

The skeleton in the front bottom of the pic is from the Jackfruit!

Last edited:
this is a very nice offer. ty for doing it. i guess ill put my name on the list. this is an ugly tank i know. i was just experimenting and getting my feet wet with a blackwater tank. getting ready for my chocolate gourami setup. it has catappa leaves and oak leaves(i think they are water oak?)
PtYTPNR.jpg

your betta is definitely looking beautiful and i agree you have done a great job at bringing him back to a healthy condition. i also really like that crayfish. any tankmates with him and if so does he try to attack them?

Last edited:
listed at the top, but if you already read it, then this

2nd Edit: Officially added to the package....
~10+ Banana leaf parts
5-6 Black Guava Leaves
3 medium/Large Jack Fruit leaves
A little sample of 2 foods
Ebita Breed Spinach Tabs (a few)
(today the snails jumped right on some and ate them right up)
Ebita Breed Quatro II (a few)

Sampling of two versions of Soybean Hulls aka Snow Pops
Official Snow Pops from Shrimp King, just a few, as I only had the sample pack
And not a typo... Amino Version Promium
<3 Gotta Love international translations
a number of pieces of those

60074-albums14774-picture72079.jpg

Look at the difference in the shape and quality of the extruded product!
60074-albums14774-picture72081.jpg

60074-albums14774-picture72080.jpg

Unless there is a huge rush in the next half hour.... there will be 2 winners and no drawing needed.

Thank you participants TMaier and Goatnad.

Albeit, pending time qualification. Half hour now to go. Congratulations Tmaier and Goatnad.

Hoping the USPS will not ruin the dry leaves with smashing. If so, it will still be useful, just not as pretty.

Adding a few Alder cones to! <3

Congratulations TMaier and Goatnad!!!

There is still one package left with 2 winners at today's deadline.

Will extend the additional ONE package out for one more day...

Final Deadline Midnight 5/1/19 Mountain Daylight savings time. USA only - sorry about import restriction possibilities.

Autumnsky, thanks for doing this. You are to good for the community. If you dont have anyone else enter throw my name in, otherwise withdraw my entry ;).

Btw you going to be at the CAS meeting this friday?

Thanks for the exciting give away! My shrimpies are always looking for new snacks.

You are welcome TMaier, Goatnad and Lokilow!

90% chance for getting to the CAS meeting. Planning to, but lots going on all over the countryside, lol!

Yes ty autumn! I can't wait to get these. This is actually pushing me to setup my gourami tank faster then I planned. thanks for the unintentional nudge.:lol:

Most welcome to all. Sometimes it is nice to get a little nudge, and or a fun something interesting to try out.

Happy to share a little something to maybe get you happier and more excited to try something else new. Something inspirational - free stuff!

There have been so many kind, sharing and caring people over the years which helped me bunches, even now!

Live in the aquatic adventure!

I received my package today and it is WONDERFUL! The little alder cones were a nice addition. I can't say thank you enough!

I got mine too! I added a banana leaf and they are working it over. I’ll post some pics tonight.

Back
Top Bottom