RAOK***FREE Petrified Wood Stone USA only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:dance: Victory dance!!! B is yours!

I will pop it in the mail in the next day or two and you should have it pretty soon. Will send you the tracking number as well.

Hey, I just saw this thread and I'm sorry I missed it. I'll have to watch for the next one.
Can someone tell me what ROAK (or was it RAOK)means?
Also, does this mean that any petrified wood/rock can be put in a tank?
What does one do to a rock they'd like to put in a tank to make it safe?
I've got a large amount of quartz crystals and others that I'd like to use.

Hey, I just saw this thread and I'm sorry I missed it. I'll have to watch for the next one.
Can someone tell me what ROAK (or was it RAOK)means?
Also, does this mean that any petrified wood/rock can be put in a tank?
What does one do to a rock they'd like to put in a tank to make it safe?
I've got a large amount of quartz crystals and others that I'd like to use.

Hi!
Sorry you did too, there will be a new on for a clump of Java Moss in a few days, you should be subscribed so you will get the notice of the NEW thread and can enter on the NEW thread!!!

Random Act of Kindness...though I guess it isn't that random. LOL

The research I have done indicates the Petrified Wood Stones from the Southwest and from the Pacific Northwest are safe for aquarium use. There are others from other countries which I could answer to.

Quartz crystals alone should be fine. I would do a little research on what kind of stone the crystals come from. You are looking to avoid stones with copper in them in shrimp and invert tanks. Some stones have lead or other heavy metals, better to be avoided.

There some natural stones which have radiation in them, and glow, just try and do a little home work for what you have.

The common "test" is to put drops of vinegar onto the stone and see if it bubbles or fizzes and there would be a higher concentration of calcium carbonate.

Though some argue to do a proper test you would need Hydrochloric acid and/ or grind off some to make powder to know for sure lol...most people just use full strength vinegar, and if it fizzes, it for sure will leach into the aquarium, and change your pH.

You could post a thread with decent pics of the crystals and rocks and then you might know.

Here we go....these shots are for YOU Autumnsky!!! And it looks great!

Yep I got my new camera today and it works NICE!

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 121
Back
Top Bottom