Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Really excited!

So I think I may have gotten my wife on board for another tank! Its a 55 gal we spotted on craigslist for $100 with a very nice wood stand and all accessories.

This will make tank number four. Really excited at the prospect of stocking another tank.

Don't really care for the decor in the tank and I don't want the fish (which I'm not even sure what kind they are).

Any suggestions as to what to do with this project?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Move those africans to that tank.. then they'll be happy and you can get them many more friends... unless you've already moved them to a bigger tank.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I did consider that. Would allow me to stock a lot more. Then convert the 30g to a planted tiger barb tank with 15-20 barbs and a compatible clean up crew.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Your africans would thank you! They really NEED that tank to be happy... and you could easily do 15-18 fish in there if you choose your stocking wisely

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

What could I house with 1 red zebra male, 1 blue kenyi female, 1 female auratus,and 1 yellow lab I'm not sure of. Only one of a mature age is the red zebra. He's not been aggressive with any of the others. They've all shared the tank for about 2 weeks now and get along quite well. I think the kenyi may have even been trying to mate with the zebra now.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

4 more of each would be perfect... making the ratio 1m:4fm

Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Called the seller. Talked him down to $75 for everything so long as I come pick it up and hall it away tomorrow! He really just wanted to get it out of the way.

Feel like I got a really sweet setup considering I bought my 30g stand and tank brand new for $240 without my filters/substrate/decorations/rocks.

Comes with a Whisper 30/60 filter. Are they any good? I'll probably add another HOB aquaclear as I've always had luck with those.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com