Really ticked off!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there ANYTHING I can do?! I want this kid fired!!!

I'm in a chain LFS an this punk kid working there has a bunch of his clown friends there hanging out in the fish section. There laughing it up,whispering and stuff. I told my wife to watch our son as I made my way over just to see what was going on. They were all huddled by the corner tanks.

Well.... I found out what they thought was so funny and they were taking video and pictures. They were feeding betta fish to the huge oscars!!!!

I tried to remain calm. Asked them all why they thought that was so funny. I showed my badge(I know I'm only a fire chief but they don't know. They see a gold badge)

They put there heads down and I asked the kid to get his boss. The boss?!?! Yea... Told me with a smirk, yeah kids ya know... They think it's funny. I'll tell him not do it anymore.

What the?!?!?!?

Sad!! Very sad!!!

Wow, doesn't anyone teach their kids empathy anymore? I could see if they have ailing, soon to die Bettas, might as well make use of them as feeders. But for these kids to derive pleasure from it is sick. Good for you for speaking up! Thanks!

The manager working at the time was basically like eh... Kids.

Well sorry but this guy ain't gonna take that. This is far from over!!! I'll be back there tomorrow!!!! My wife is trying to calm me down. Then to boot one of the little punks mumbled something about my son and the fish tank.

If the manager doesn't want anything to do with it then ring the head office of the company and (calmly) explain what you saw. They may even have security cameras that caught them in the act. Technically they where stealing from the store. If you take that angle instead of the cruelty to fish angle I think they will listen more.

that's horrible! :( definitely don't let him get away with that. he should totally get fired.

Going there tomorrow and I'm gonna call the main office. I'm not gonna let this go. TRUST me!

Mumma.of.two said:
If the manager doesn't want anything to do with it then ring the head office of the company and (calmly) explain what you saw. They may even have security cameras that caught them in the act. Technically they where stealing from the store. If you take that angle instead of the cruelty to fish angle I think they will listen more.

I agree, that is a good angle. I would talk to the highest manager you can first though, just to see if he is worthless aswell.

Did you go to the manager? You should just make the manager aware so he could keep a close eye on the fish section and for losers like that in the future. I hate when punk kids like that think they can just do whatever they want, poor betta.

Sorry just read the other comments. Yeah the manager is a jerk. You should take this matter up with the superintendent I bet he will not only fire the punk kid but the manager as well.

I had to reread this twice to make sure I read it right ! I would email/call the head people in the chain and/or get him fired by talking to the manager also(opposite order). I never knew oscars could eat bettas.

Fishie said:
I had to reread this twice to make sure I read it right ! I would email/call the head people in the chain and/or get him fired by talking to the manager also(opposite order). I never knew oscars could eat bettas.

Not sure I they were actually "eating" them but killing for sure!!

Sheesh this is just terrible. Really gives us teenagers a bad rep when others of us do this kind of stuff. Not good.

I hope those kids dont target your son! Teach him how to swim convict! ;)
(trying to lighten the mood:))

Fishie said:

Oscars will eat/attempt to eat anything small enough to fit (sometimes only half fit) into their mouths.

Gboy66 said:
Sheesh this is just terrible. Really gives us teenagers a bad rep when others of us do this kind of stuff. Not good.

I hope those kids dont target your son! Teach him how to swim convict! ;)
(trying to lighten the mood:))

Haha! My son would toss those punks!! He's a tough little guy!

image-510011171.jpg

That's his crouching baby hidden binky position!!

Convict2161 said:
Haha! My son would toss those punks!! He's a tough little guy!

That's his crouching baby hidden binky position!!

Lol!! Hes a beast! Hahaa

Although I agree that what the kids did wasn't right, I wonder...

What if.. they were feeding fish live bloodworms/maggots/fruitflies or so?
Would everybody be as ticked off as is now the case? those are living creatures too, but most will accept feeding them to fish...

I've seen most LFS owners here feed live fish to predatory fish, "just" some cheep barbs or minnows, but hey, predatory fish need food too.
(mostly not during opening hours when there's public, but some don't care)
So maybe his boss doesn't really care for the fish as well as for the money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom