Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Really ticked off!

Is there ANYTHING I can do?! I want this kid fired!!!

I'm in a chain LFS an this punk kid working there has a bunch of his clown friends there hanging out in the fish section. There laughing it up,whispering and stuff. I told my wife to watch our son as I made my way over just to see what was going on. They were all huddled by the corner tanks.

Well.... I found out what they thought was so funny and they were taking video and pictures. They were feeding betta fish to the huge oscars!!!!

I tried to remain calm. Asked them all why they thought that was so funny. I showed my badge(I know I'm only a fire chief but they don't know. They see a gold badge)

They put there heads down and I asked the kid to get his boss. The boss?!?! Yea... Told me with a smirk, yeah kids ya know... They think it's funny. I'll tell him not do it anymore.

What the?!?!?!?

Sad!! Very sad!!!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

If he works there report him! Feeding fish that they intend to sell to other fish is costing them money.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i agree he should be fired!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, doesn't anyone teach their kids empathy anymore? I could see if they have ailing, soon to die Bettas, might as well make use of them as feeders. But for these kids to derive pleasure from it is sick. Good for you for speaking up! Thanks!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

The manager working at the time was basically like eh... Kids.

Well sorry but this guy ain't gonna take that. This is far from over!!! I'll be back there tomorrow!!!! My wife is trying to calm me down. Then to boot one of the little punks mumbled something about my son and the fish tank.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

If the manager doesn't want anything to do with it then ring the head office of the company and (calmly) explain what you saw. They may even have security cameras that caught them in the act. Technically they where stealing from the store. If you take that angle instead of the cruelty to fish angle I think they will listen more.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, the betta that was eaten is less money for the store.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

that's horrible! definitely don't let him get away with that. he should totally get fired.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Going there tomorrow and I'm gonna call the main office. I'm not gonna let this go. TRUST me!

Old 01-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two
If the manager doesn't want anything to do with it then ring the head office of the company and (calmly) explain what you saw. They may even have security cameras that caught them in the act. Technically they where stealing from the store. If you take that angle instead of the cruelty to fish angle I think they will listen more.
I agree, that is a good angle. I would talk to the highest manager you can first though, just to see if he is worthless aswell.

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com