Remember ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah , I forgot about sea monkeys ; another blast from the past.
I also remember in elementary school reading a book for a book report or some kind of assignment called " Gallons of Guppies' , it was about a kid that had bought a couple guppies and they kept multiplying and if I remember correctly he started a little business selling them.

Ahhh , the good ole days!

http://www.runyonsway.net/Henry Huggins/Henry Huggins Chapter 2 Text.doc

Teacher read it to us in class!

Yep, those books were as exciting as the Christmas catalogue. They were magic. Eyes glued. Wanting everything! :)

Speaking of guppies in the good old days, I've been doing some web based research on the subject. Take a look at these.

Downloads | wildguppies.com

I have some of the old books from when I was growing up , have to look and see what they are. I do recall having a big hardcover book that was mostly yellow with a section of colored pictures in the middle of the book of different species of fish , back in the day it was the go to book for any questions you might have had.
Long before the computer days were even a thought.

SORRY EVERYONE FOR MY POSTING THIS AGAIN

Last edited:
Just looked on Ebay, it was called "Exotic Aquarium Fish" printed in 1966

I know I have a copy of that in a box of books in the attic. We used to call that "the Innes book". It was the home aquarist's "bible" back in th 70s and 80s.

I know I have a copy of that in a box of books in the attic. We used to call that "the Innes book". It was the home aquarist's "bible" back in th 70s and 80s.

Yes it certainly was the go to book. Thinking back I can still see it like it was yesterday. This has been a fun thread to follow since there are so many memories and the more I think the more good memories I have.
Thanks again for starting this.

Yes it certainly was the go to book. Thinking back I can still see it like it was yesterday. This has been a fun thread to follow since there are so many memories and the more I think the more good memories I have.
Thanks again for starting this.

When I picture that book I also see the home town small pet store with the wall of fish tanks down one side. It was dark and narrow. Linoleum laid over wood floor, tin ceiling, hanging incandescent globe lights. There was one of those revolving book racks with the thinner paperback pet care books, but these were too thick and were on a shelf by the counter.

Yeah, good thread.

Back
Top Bottom