Reptiles!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well Ive been thinking about getting one for awhile now, specially now that i have some money from my birthday. Don't worry! Ive got some portioned off for fish too! But, like I was saying. I'm not sure what i should get, or the care that would be involved. I want something small that can be put in a ten gallon tank. Was looking at a leopard gecko. Anyone know what I would need for one of these little buddies.

A loepard gecko is a good choice, although I would prefer to give one a 15 or a 20 long.

What you need:

1. Screen tank lid...not to keep the gecko in, but to keep crickets in and other things (cats, etc) out.

2. Substrate....I prefer a low-pile indoor/outdoor carpeting....same as the 'repti-carpet' stuff pet shops sell, but buy it at Home Depot or Lowes....you can get enough for 3-4 pieces for what one would cost you in the pet shop.

3. Water dish....something wide and shallow, and easy for the gecko to climb in and out of.

4. Reflectorised heat lamp....this will sit on to of the lid at one end.

5. Reflectorised bulb for above.....likely about 50W, but you will need to experiment.

6. Calcium supplement...I like 'ReptiCal' or "Minerall'.

7. A good book or reference on care.

8. High-humidity cave....use a small tupperware or margerine container....leave the lid on and cut an access hole in one side near the bottom....half fill with green peat moss (available at garden shops) and keep humid by regular misting.

9. Assorted small caves, bits of wood, etc to decorate and provide some hiding spots.

Alright fifteen then! My brother had some geckos but we just recently gave them to a friend and I miss having little friends around </3

I have a lepord gecko. He's kindof boring, but I think that's cuz he is in a cage that is a bit too small. His markings are really beautiful though, and it's neat to watch him stalk crickets.

fishfreek said:
http://www.reptileadvice.com

that site is kind of dead...not much action over there...nowhere near the amount of people that are on here...still, the archive of posts has much valuable information...just don't expect a response right away...

Gordinho80 said:
fishfreek said:
http://www.reptileadvice.com

that site is kind of dead...not much action over there...nowhere near the amount of people that are on here...still, the archive of posts has much valuable information...just don't expect a response right away...

Don't worry, there are a few of us who keep an eye on the place and help when we can. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom