Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Request: photos of dyed fish

I was wondering if anyone had any photos of dyed fish that they would be willing to let me use on my new website. They would be in an article that educates people about the methods they use to dye the fish and the horrible effects that it causes. If you don't want to reply here you can pm me and I'll give you my email. Thanks

Old 02-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
This subject was brought up about 6 months ago. You might be able to use the search function to find the post.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

OK. I used to work at a lfs called Markheim Tropical Fish (http://www.wnybiz.com/markheim/), where I specialized in the fish room. I worked alot with the owner of the store alot, especially when acclimating ehr weekly shipment of saltwater items. This was last year, before I twisted my knee and lost my position. Well, one time I brought up with her the painted fish taht are sold at another local fish store called Steve's Pets, which is the store mentioned in this thread in the vid that beagn it. Thread is...http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewto...er=asc&start=0

Anyway, inthe course of our conversation she said that they literally somehow inject the fish with like a needle containing the dye. The fish are put under some sort of medication that deadens the pain. Yet, there is still casualties from the practice. I asked her if she would ever sell them, and she said no cause it is, in her, and my opinion, inhumane to alter a fish's appearrance. Anyway, that's what I can recall off hand. HTH.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

physicsdude I was talking to one of the family owned stores out here that sells "tropical fish" and they had what they called "fruit tetra" and they were dyed, my mom asked and the lady told her that , thats what it was, they injected it into the fish, cruel and inhumane if you ask me. (we diddnt get any BTW)
CTR
blazeyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsdude
OK. I used to work at a lfs called Markheim Tropical Fish (http://www.wnybiz.com/markheim/), where I specialized in the fish room.
Wow, thats where I go a lot. Mostly just to look at all the different animals. They have a huge selection of lizards. Overall its one of my favorite in the area.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea its pretty good. The store up in Lockport though, called Pets Plus, is second next to the Fish Place in tonawanda in selction, price, and an a-1 staff.

Tags
oto, photos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com