respect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
i wanted to make this post so we can respect those respect lol.

1st say their name.
2nd you have to say what they did or what their doing that gains your respect
3rd you have to say the charactor trait you respect them for.

ill go first

I respect my grandma. She has perseverance. Every day she wakes up around 5:30 and starts working. whether laundry, picking some veggies to make some kimchee with, or just cleaning up the garden. You can always expect things to be done. One day she was sick and she started working. She was coughing really bad but kept working. My mom had to talk her into stop working and go to bed and rest.

I also respect my mom. She also has perseverance. She wakes up around 6:00 and starts making new lil dirt mounds for a new garden. she works till like 10-11 and starts making lunch with my grandma, and also she still is with my dad. Its like they didnt know who they were marrying and their the exact opposite of eachother. but they still havent divorced. that takes guts. but also my dad is slowly changing and their fighting less. its kinda getting better.

those are the 2 people i respect most

I would like to say I respect my wife.
She has put up with my MTS and all my crap for the past 9 years.lol
That takes alot of patients.

I respect my husband. He's one of the kindest, most patient people I know. Family is very important to him, he still loves me after all these years, and he supports me in everything I want to do no matter how crazy it is. :p

I respect my Wife first.
She is a very loving person to me and to both of our sons. She is a devout animal lover and will stop at nothing to make life better for any animal..(including my sons and I) She has put up with me and all my little things that I have tried over the years (26 of them so far). She has endured some very rough times with our sons growing up....kids are very much work. While I am at work she was at work home). I come home and rest, she keeps working (home). I get the weekend off, she keeps working (home). Now my sons are grown, she doesn't have to "take care" of them (as much..LOL), so now she is semi-retired.....God bless her.

I respect my two sons secondly..
Both are grown..22 and 25
Both have very good jobs and are doing well. (both are still living at home..I can't seem to get rid of them...LOL)
Both are responsible adults.
They don't use use drugs or abuse alcohol...as far as I know anyway :)
Neither smoke as me and my wife both do.
I never had to go to school to get them out of trouble. I never had to bail them out of jail. They seemed to have learned the lessons in life that my wife and I have been teaching them as they grew up. My wife mostly, she deserves the credit. No they are not angels, but they are much better than alot of young people out there and I am proud of both of them.

Lastly, I have respect for myself.
Without some self repect you can not go through life. I know when to humble myself. I know when to stand up and fight for what I believe in. These are traits that was handed down to me from my father, and thus handed down to my sons. You must have respect for yourself or you are nothing.
You must know when it is time to be humbled..this keeps the perspective on life.

Mike

I respect my mom... Poor mommy. :(

She was the first female of a series of 7 sibilings.
My grandparents were so very 1600's in their beliefs, as farmers they believed the more kids they had the more working people for their farm - and that women were inferior beings.
My grampa was a very mean severe japanese man, and as such didn't allow my mom to proceed with her education past 5th grade, while all her brothers got to go to school. So she was raised to be a housewife, cooking, cleaning, ironing, etc., all by hand. No washer, no dryier, no microwave, no dishwasher, no air conditioning, no heater, no hot water, unless boiled in the stove.

Then, she married my dad. Another severe japanese man.
Then, she had myself and my brother, two little spoilled children that had priority over everything before her: clothing, shoes, school supplies. While taking care of us, she managed to finish 8th grade and even high school, juggling house work, cooking and cleaning, all without any of my dads help.

Even as of today, she still does the same things. Wakes up at 6, makes my dad lunch, do laundry by hand, hanging clothes outside when it is sunny, ironing (my dad never bought a washer/dryier), doing dishes in cold water (my dad never got a water heater or a dishwasher for that matter), cooking (no microwave either), and cleaning. Not to mention how mad my dad gets when he gets home and there isn't dinner ready at the table. :oops:

I am not saying my dad is a terrible man, nor my grandfather... I understand that, to some extent it isn't their fault, they've been "trained" to be jackasses by countless generations. But I promised myself I would break out of that stupid tradition. In a way, I promised myself I would not become my mom... For her sake, for my own sake and for any future generation's sake.

I feel sad that I made myself this promise: to never become my mom... Because, although I don't want to be enslaved like that, she is the strongest person I have ever known.
And I respect her for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom