RIP little buddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well about 2 hours ago we lost a family member of ten and a half years, our little dog Chip.
He had been diagnosed with a minor heart problem about a year ago and was doing fine until early this AM. My wife told me he was coughing up a little blood, was a bit lethargic and that the vet could not see him until tommorow morning. We made the appointment and figured we could pamper him through the day.
This evening he seemed to be doing better, ate his dinner with us and layed with us watching TV earlier in the evening. About 10:00 he went to his cage and layed down like he usually does except this time he never got up. I was getting ready to go to bed at about 11:00 and called him to join me like we have done for the last 10 years except this time he didn't respond. I knew at this moment that he was gone. It was a very long walk over to his cage to verify what I already knew.
My little buddy was gone. He died in the most peaceful way I could hope for and I know he is now in a better place.
He had been in our family for the last 10 years. We got him as a puppy 3 weeks after we moved into out newly constructed home back in 94. He has been with us through the birth of both of out children and was basically one of us (if that makes any sense). We will miss him dearly and truly dread having to tell the children the news tomorrow.
Sorry if this sounds mushy, I am a big (non macho) pile of mush right now...lol
And I appreciate you all allowing me vent a bit..I needed it tonight.
RIP Chippy. :cry:
Below is a pic of my family taken this past Christmas morning.

Attachments

• img_0935.jpg
    img_0935.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 148
Lo Ciento Mucho
(I am very sorry)

i know how it is except with my dog he is practically blind but i love him dearly last night he tripped off the bottom step of the stairs and hit his jaw and so then i snuck him some bread and some doritos(p.s. we have a shih tzu)

well i hope you get through it i know how it is to have your exer so close animals to go my guinea pig had a little and i wanted the babies to be alive when i came home like the first litter she had but when i came home all them were gone

well you will get through what your going thru it just might take a bit longer

QS - You know how I sympathize with you and your family over your loss. I know how sad it is when a cherished family members departs. All the best to you and yours.

:cry:

So sorry to hear about your dog :cry:

My husband and I went through something similar last year when we had to put down our first dog (the one we got right before we got married, the "pre kid" dog) and it about broke our hearts. He was almost 14 and he had terminal cancer that had spread to his brain, so he was not himself, and it was time.

The procedure was not easy and not pleasant and not like they tell you it is supposed to be, so you are really blessed that he went in his sleep - he was content and with his people at home.

Very sad news QS. Very sorry to hear it. I'm sure Chip will be forever watching over you all.

I am very sorry for your loss. And I am very sorry for how your children are going to feel. In time, they may want to go with you to pick out another puppy. That may make them feel better and you too.

Peace :!:

Wow horrible news Kurt. I am very sorry for the loss that you feel, and that you and your family have lost a member of your family. I really don't know what to say as my heart dropped when I read about the news. Only thing I can offer is prayers............

Quarry - I am so sorry for your loss. However, from the way you speak of him, it sounds like he could not have asked for a better life with a better family that loved him and cared for him the way yours did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom