RIP my special Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Gracie, King, Calypso, Mocha, and Galaxy... I loved you all. Thank you for the special times together. I will never forget any of you.
8/26 (Galaxy, King, and Gracie)
9/1 (Mocha and Calypso - the two spawning lovers)

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy308/AngelfishGirl/null_zps2a17c194.jpg
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy308/AngelfishGirl/null_zpsea1355c7.jpg
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy308/AngelfishGirl/null_zps0ff471cd.jpg
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy308/AngelfishGirl/null_zps5ef8068f.jpg

I don't know. :/ I came home from school on friday to find King and Galaxy dead. I just did a water change three days ago, so I'm wasn't allowed to do another. Scared, I came home a few hours later from my brother's birthday party to find Gracie breathing very heavily. Her fins were clamped and she was so weak she was getting stuck to the filter.

In a panic, I called up my friend who has 25 tanks, and she quickly picked them and put them in a 39 gallon tank (that was filtered, cycled, heated) all by themselves.
Gracie died there during the night.
Yesterday, she started using some Melafix on them in case of anything it could treat.
This morning she woke up to find my two breeding angels, Mocha and Calypso dead.

It was too stressful for my fish to be dying in her tank (she felt as if it was her fault) so she brought my remaining two back :/ Halo and Koi are the only survivors, but they could very well be near death... After all... It was only the last two days the others died... And I have nothing to go on to why they died...
I had added plants of Wednesday... And a new pair of angels that were in a divided area... But those two are both fine (at her house still being treated still with Melafix for paleness)
There were no visible problems with any of the 5.
The only thing that MAYBE could be an issue - which I just noticed - is Halo's poop. It looks... Off? It's not red, just looks a bit weird. I'll post a pic and see. Maybe someone can ID something - and the reason all my babies died.
My tank is angelfish only and bottom feeders.
Besides angels, I have:
2 otos (more soon)
5 albino Cory cats (more soon)
2 khuli loaches (rehoming)
1 red tailed shark
1 young Dalmatian molly (present from my boyfriend)

NONE of those fish are affected. It only stuck my angels. Thankfully, after my mom saw how devastated I was, I got a 75% water change down yesterday.
Today, Halo and Koi were introduced 3 hours ago. So far, besides Halo's poop, all is well with them.

img_2636247_0_0f6529852699325b3fb88f5545d7689e.jpg

img_2636247_1_cd3a05116a0e1503bf3967c8f07345f4.jpg

Her poo

img_2636283_0_d9cc71a72f0edbcf2bb8a8470275e070.jpg

Here's Koi's poo... Do either of them show signs of anything? Should I feed peas or garlic soaked flakes to them to flush out their system?

angel please send andy those pics and your story and get his advice please!!!!! im so saddened by your loss. i understand how u feel. they become like our little children. i know and has a couple sure fire meds that he uses so please talk to him

Thank you all. They're having a "funeral" today. My boyfriend and I are burying them with some red roses and some fish flakes. I also wrote a goodbye letter to them all that will be buried with them after being read out loud.

At least the remaining ones have survived. The night at least.
Melafix seems to be doing wonders for the breeding pair over at my friend's house. The two at my house aren't getting anything and they seem fine. Happy as can be to be back home with their mom :)

Thank you :)

On a happier note, I was offered a breeding pair of veil tail koi angels for only 40 dollars.

As long as the fish remain healthy, I will be getting them to replace the pair that had died - thanks to my understand and loving boyfriend :)
Obviously not for awhile though.

Thank you :)

On a happier note, I was offered a breeding pair of veil tail koi angels for only 40 dollars.

As long as the fish remain healthy, I will be getting them to replace the pair that had died - thanks to my understand and loving boyfriend :)
Obviously not for awhile though.

thats awesome!!! :) i plan on getting my first angel pretty soon. I'm picking up a 40 breeder when i get paid on tuesday from the dollar per gallon sale. and another 20 long and another 55 and 3 more tens ;p do you get your angels from a world of fish? i was thinking either that or sea level

thats awesome!!! :) i plan on getting my first angel pretty soon. I'm picking up a 40 breeder when i get paid on tuesday from the dollar per gallon sale. and another 20 long and another 55 and 3 more tens ;p do you get your angels from a world of fish? i was thinking either that or sea level

Where's sea level?
I got all of my angels from world of fish - except some I got from local breeders/Craiglist.

sea level is in hopkins, they have some really good looking angels. they also have much better prices than a world of fish, but not as much of a variety of fish.

sea level is in hopkins, they have some really good looking angels. they also have much better prices than a world of fish, but not as much of a variety of fish.

I will definitely try to check it out! Thanks!

I buried my angels. Now I need to get a couple more pretty angels :/

Not sure. Whatever is available for cheap. My email's been blowing up all day with CL responses so hopefully I've get some nice ones through that.

Back
Top Bottom