Rita

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was watching the foxnews channel on my lunch break and saw Florida was getting hammered by Rita. I hope all of you folks are doing ok. Looks like we may be in for a rough run again here. 200 buses are headed to south louisiana to start evacuations. At one time, I would have thought this is a bit premature, but not after Katrina's visit. Lake Charles is 2 hours south of us, that is where the usual evacuees come from in our area. Looks like we may be trying to make some more room!

Wish we could be saying senor-rita to this storm. Bwhahaha. worst joke evar. I hope for the best outcome for those affected.

The 1:00 hurricane center update has it showing with 125 mph winds! More weakening expected. This is fantastic news.

I'm watching Fox News right now and it's aweful but they didn't say it's been down graded to a cat 3 storm. Still a bad storm. Stay safe.

QTOFFER said:
Not-So-Lovely Rita.

I have had the song on my mind ever since they named this storm...been driving me buggy.

Condolences to any family of anyone caught on the evacuee bus that exploded....I hope that is the last of Rita's victims.

I hope all our friends in the effected areas are faring well. Please check in when you can.

My parents were supposed to be right in the path (they are 75 miles west of Houston). I got up this morning to check the weather, and found out that it didn't even come near them. :D In fact, my mom said it didn't even rain where they live.

My thoughts are with everyone who was affected by Rita.

checking in...no juice yet, but to quote Barry Manilow..."I made it through the rain"

I agree Hara, it is great to hear you made it through the evening! Hope things turn around for the better soon.

I'm glad to hear from you, Hara. I saw some weather reports this morning and it looked like a very heavy band of rain was over your area.

Whoopie! Time to submit your name for the next "Survivor" series :) I was watching updates and saw that Rita passed directly over you. Great to have you up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom