Rock Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sedridor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi folks! I'm looking to acquire some new tank ornaments, and am going for a sort of natural look with my 55g aquarium. I currently have a Tahitian moon sand substrate, am developing a java moss wall for the back of the tank, and have some sandblasted Manzanita branches on order. These should nicely fill out the middle of the water column, and I am thinking I should be adding some lower-level small and medium rocks for hiding places to keep my Corydoras happy. Which brings me to my question:

Are there any types of rock in particular you would recommend with a black substrate and Manzanita branches? I am leaning towards Basalt or Sandstone, but granite with quartz flecking in it sounds appealing too . . . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anything on the lighter color side would look great

Granite or Slate, like a purple slate would look real nice. Avoid the soft rocks like basalt n sandstones. they more easily alter water quality.

I'd go for granite as well with some nice pinks and whites to contrast the substrate.

Nice hard basalts shouldn't alter the water much.

Seen a few threads of fossilised wood, that could be worth looking into as well.

Another one is zebra stone which is banded purple, hard mudstone and white siltstone - something like that.

Back
Top Bottom