Rock Star INXS fans, predictions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomK2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, it happened. They finally made a so called "reality" show that I watched. They played some great tunes, the show was not completely predictable, and the finale is next week. It would be wise, but obvious if they picked Marty. Mig doesn't seem "butch" enough for INXS, but he is a fellow Aussie. I don't know why they keep JD around, no one likes him and he was an Elvis impersonator! I would be surprised if they did not pick Marty, but perhaps surprise is what it is all about. They really liked JD's "pretty vegas" original song, so who knows?

I adore Marty and I hope he wins. I think Mig is a little to theatrical for INXS (even tho he is a little hotty), and JD... well... either you love him or you hate him- either way he is still really talented.

I personally think its a toss up between JD and Marty

Uh, I really hope its not Marty. I am sorry but that guy can not sing. Mig probably wont be picked but he is my favorite. I think Jd has an ok voice and a horrible attitude problem but I would much rather prefer it be him than Marty.

haha Katy made me watch this online :)

Marty is good, but I find JD to be sweet.

Has anyone heard this crap about JD being gay?

Anyhow, anyone know what network this show is on and what time? like ABC or NBC or what?

Tuesday night, 9pm central, channel two. The elimination night was Wednesday at 8pm central, but I don't know if the finale will be over tuesday or wednesday.

Three weeks ago I would not have beleived this, but I am beginning to think that JD has the best voice. Lousiest attitude though. Marty is the most mature, intense, and developed singer and band leader, but he likes to yell when singing, and has to work at not screaming. Mig just does not work for me, in any way. Please MIG, keep the shirt on this week!

I loved this show all summer! Some really good talent! I have to say I don't prefer Marty's voice, style, or stage mannerisms. Now I still think he's talented, but he's not my favorite and I don't think he's the best fit for INXS. He does have to work on his tendency to scream and he varies his pitch (goes off-tune) too much. I think INXS needs a smoother voice in their lead singer.

Yes, JD does have a bit of an attitude but I think he's the best fit for the band and he should win!!! :D

P. S. Tuesday is the final show.

TomK2 said:
Marty is the most mature, intense, and developed singer and band leader, but he likes to yell when singing, and has to work at not screaming. Mig just does not work for me, in any way. Please MIG, keep the shirt on this week!

I don't think he screams all that much while singing, and most of the time when he does scream, its kinda called for in the song. Plus, when he screams... its good screaming and not like, satanic screaming I guess.

And I have no quarrels with Mig taking off his shirt =oP

Anyone sad to see Susie go? I had predicted JD or Mig to be tossed out and Susie kept. I thought it would be good to have a female in the finale, and of all the contestents left, she looked like she was the only one enjoying herself in any manner. As the show narrowed down, you could really see that she was a nice person with a great personality. I liked her, but like INXS, did not think she was right for the band. I did want to see her stick around though.

Yes, I was sad to see Susie go too. It was a toss-up for me between her and JD. But I didn't think she was quite right for the band, or the band wasn't quite right for her. Of all the contestants, she really grew during the course of the show. The very first night she was kinda shy and missed a cue. The last night she was just like a seasoned performer - very confident and had the crowd in the palm of her hand (or whatever that saying is!) She also had a wonderful voice. It's ok that she didn't win the INXS spot - I predict that she's going to make it big anyway and I can't wait to hear what she does next! I bet agents are already calling her!

Despite not getting to show her smiling face this week, the only thing she really missed out on was the car (honda civic as prize) for making it to the final three. Not that I like Civics, but I think Suzie deserved the car more than JD. I think she knew she would not be picked in the end. But it was sadness on her face, not relief in getting out of the show, when she was told. I guess she kinda got used to the show, or she really wanted/needed that civic. :D Maybe there are other rewards for getting into the final episode not yet revealed?

I think one of the reasons Suzie went was because voters did put her in the bottom three several times, while Mig only once (? I didn't see the last one.. but wasn't he at the bottom?)
Maybe they did it partially based on their fans response to her.

I liked Suzie, but she messed up on her last show pretty noticably and when you are down to the final 4... you have to be extra careful not to slip up

I really wanted susie to make it to the final three. She was so talented. But I can see why the band let her go. She was in the bottom three so many times, the band would have just been totally disregarding the public opinion if they kept her.
but I think Suzie deserved the car more than JD
I totally agree. She worked SO much harder than he did.

Ok, the show is on in an hour and a half, and I am going to make my final prediction. Not Marty, because anyone I have ever voted for in anything has always lost. So.... JD- they love his 'pretty vegas' song. Mig, a fellow aussie who has only ben in the bottom once. Hmmmmm. this is tough....
I say JD. Mostly because I don't like him, and I am usually wrong about such things, so it'll probably be the guy I don't like.

I've got a 100 kudos for the first person to guess correctly!

If they picked Marty.. I would be shocked. I don't think they will pick Mig... and I guess ill go for JD.

(but i secretly wish its Marty)

No kudos if you are right, lyquidphyre, I picked JD first! LOL :twisted: But I do want Marty to win too.

It appears my Kudos are safe! I am happy for Marty, I think he would rather take HIS band on to stardom, instead of subbing in for someone else. The Lovehammers go on world tour, wish I had a chance to see them locally bofore. Glad its over, reality TV really bites, don't it? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom