Ryukin Goldfish or Oscar???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logan.hoffmann

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon, freshly cleaned, good filtration and i'm not looking to buy ornaments or substrate. Which fish sounds better under these circumstances?

A bare tank is probably not ideal for either species. Although Oscars are more of a mid level swimmer, they are cichlids and likely will do better with rocks, gravel and driftwood. I believe the goldfish might hold up better in the situation you described.

A bare tank is probably not ideal for either species. Although Oscars are more of a mid level swimmer, they are cichlids and likely will do better with rocks, gravel and driftwood. I believe the goldfish might hold up better in the situation you described.
Agreed. A 55 is to small for an Oscar anyways. They get huge and have a tendency of fouling water with the quickness. That's a perfect goldfish tank. Pool filter sand about an 1" deep. Some tall plastic plants and smooth decoration.

Agreed. A 55 is to small for an Oscar anyways. They get huge and have a tendency of fouling water with the quickness. That's a perfect goldfish tank. Pool filter sand about an 1" deep. Some tall plastic plants and smooth decoration.

Ok preciate guys, i'll start with 1 ryukin because i know they tend to get large, i'll keep you guys updated! :)

Back
Top Bottom