Sad little story from the LFS..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was in the LFS today, and the saddest thing caught my eye. 5 " Sulking " Oscars were all laying on the bottom of their tank looking completly depressed.

When I walked by and looked at them, you should have seen them. They instantly got up and acted energetic and amazingly happy to see me, followed my fingers across the glass and everything.

It broke my heart to walk out of their without them...but I don't have any tank that could be near suitable for an oscar.

Still, it was quite sad...all those hopeful eyes staring at me..

Please tell me I'm not alone in this ? [ Feeling bad about leaving an " depresed " fish that got happy seeing you "

wow sounds like they act like dogs 8P. if they were a smaller fish id gladly pay shipping if you bought them

I wouldn't ship fish right from the petstore for one.

and two, you don't have a tank that could even hope to hold oscars.

I wouldn't ship fish right from the petstore for one.

and two, you don't have a tank that could even hope to hold oscars.
Not to but in, but I think that's why he said IF they were smaller fish...
I think he was merely "feeling" for the fish as was everyone else.

I think we all have a serious problem, we're all doomed... some of us at least, between having little control over impulse and feeling bad for those poor fish, I think a lot of us are better off not visiting the lfs... at least not without a support group or something... You're definitely not alone in feeling sorry for those fish.

Yep, I know what you mean. I was in PetsMart today buying a backup air pump for when the power goes out. What do you think was stacked on two shelves in little cups. I wanted to take them all home. :(

That is why I send my wife to the store to get whatever I need. :D I already have to many tanks set up for the house we are in. Seeing fish like that and having more tanks already in storage is only encouragement to fill them. :lol:

I still remember a betta I saw in a saltwater shop last summer. All the bettas were healthy and active, big and beautiful, but this one seemed to especially show off for me. I don't know why I didn't just get him. A few weeks later, the shop closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom