Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

It wasn't as bad as some of his posts but it's a accumulation. I'm done talking on this thread though I for want to get a warning or anything
Good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 09-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdude3233 View Post
Really then I'll stop doing that. But in all honesty 4 mil of solution isn't going to do much. Please also work on re-phrasing your collects from now on, they feel very much like an attack. And several other people on different threads feel that way as well

Actually from what I read, I'm more articulate and concise in my communications here than most, so I have absolutely no need to think about re-phrasing my posts. I express exactly what I want exactly in the manner I want it to be perceived. I know exactly what/how I am communicating.

Could you please be more specific as what constitutes an "attack", especially in my above post.
I find it hard to believe that saying what a person is doing is irresponsible is an attack especially considering the treatment I have seen some folks receive over something as silly as the type of fish they choose to keep. I've seen rather viscous personal attacks and insults levied at others over simply differences of opinion.
What I posted is not opinion, it IS irresponsible to just dump any chemicals onto the ground.

In reality it is more that I don't just mindlessly agree with the consensus all the time nor do I simply parrot back info.

"several other people on different threads feel that way as well"

Cool, I'm the topic of conversation.

seriously though, it is your remarks here that constitute more of an attack against me than anything I have posted in this thread.

maybe I should talk to a mod.......

Old 09-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Safety of dumping API test waste water into the drain

I'm sorry I was having a bad day at school, and was very much on edge. We should take this to pm though because BOTH of us will get warned for going off topic.

Edit: I never "parroted" anything, there has et been a trees like this that I've seen since I joined last August....

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
Old 09-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
I drain hundreds of gallons of dirty tank water down my driveway and I'd be more concerned with that, because there are far more chemicals in it then testing equipment. And it could have TB in it or other fish to human diseases.

Now you see if you lived here, in Southern Ca., you would be getting huge fines for doing that as everything here eventually makes it way to the ocean, and the closer you get to the coast the more stringent they are about dumping into the sewers.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Safety of dumping API test waste water into the drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB_Smith View Post
Now you see if you lived here, in Southern Ca., you would be getting huge fines for doing that as everything here eventually makes it way to the ocean, and the closer you get to the coast the more stringent they are about dumping into the sewers.
Ok we'll then maybe this is a principle of location. In Atlanta the closest beach is 3 hour drive east.

Edit: what do people with fish rooms do? Most of us just drain down the driveway with a python, do they walk the buckets up to a sink?!?

Old 09-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #16
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Ok we'll then maybe this is a principle of location. In Atlanta the closest beach is 3 hour drive east.

Edit: what do people with fish rooms do? Most of us just drain down the driveway with a python, do they walk the buckets up to a sink?!?

About 50gal a week goes on the garden. Used to get great strawberries but the darn dog eats them all now.

If I'm treating with meds I'll put it on the lawn just in case. Test tube solution just goes down the sink as it's handy and I have to rinse them out.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The Python in my small fish room was connected to a sink so all the waste water went down the drain.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Gotcha for me the closest sink I'd 100+ feet away.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

PB_SMITH,

I don't think that what you wrote was attack-ish either, I completely agree with what you wrote.

Also we should all bear in mind that when reading things that others say online, we are missing voice tone, facial expressions and cues, etc.. so it can be easy to interpret things one way when they weren't meant to be that way.

I'm glad you two are making your peace.

And again thank you PB for replying about this subject, for others may come across and read what you wrote and hopefully change their behavior if they are dumping test water on the ground. What do you think about dumping regular old tank water down the driveway? That's what we've been doing, and it's really not that much different than dumping it down the sink in my opinion, which, we don't really have a sink that would work very well for dumping our bucket into anyway.

Edit: I read back what you wrote, and we are not anywhere near an ocean, but we do have rivers. But I don't think we are close enough for our tank water to make it into one.

I guess we could dump it down our sink, but it would be pretty cumbersome, not to mention we do our dishes in there. Dumping it in the bathroom sink is out of the question, it is too small.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I dump my waste salt water down the toilet, waste fresh water goes outside in the yard/garden.
like I said, you can get fined for dumping stuff down the drain/gutters. You can even get cited for washing your car in the driveway in some cities or even washing down your driveway, but that also has to do with the drought conditions we are currently enjoying, so......

and I second your remarks about online communication being devoid of all the little clues and body language that face to face communication uses to determine intent and demeanor.

Trust me, I put on the page exactly what I wish to convey to the reader as precisely and succinctly as possible always taking into account my audience.

Tags
api, ate, safe, test, waste, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com