Safety of dumping API test waste water into the drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We only have freshwater at the moment, but, we may want to delve into salt water in the (semi-distant) future. Freshwater fish are great, and very fun but, there are also many amazing salt water fish too! I love watching them at the pet store.

Maybe we'll start dumping it in the yard instead, on the side opposite from where the septic tank is. I never thought of that for some reason.

I hate putting the test tube water down the drain, but, outside is worse. From what I have read on other threads from a few different forums, the consensus seems to be it's in all liklihood fine. I don't know what to do with it otherwise. Collect it in a milk jug? But when it's full, where to dump it?

I'm sorry about the droughts. Droughts are horrible. Especially when they drag on and on.

That's what I gathered from you, and I respect and admire that. I think of myself the same way. I try to say what I mean the way I mean it and try to make sure I do it in a way that doesn't sound confrontational and that people will understand, but again, as you and I both agree, it's the internet, so some people take things the wrong way at times.

and at times I have to remind myself that there is no minimum age limit here, and I could be getting into a debate with an 11 year old...LOL

True that! :p

It's best to start teaching people when they are younger though. The younger the better!

Back
Top Bottom