salt or fresh and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a salt water reef tank, prefer the salt over the fresh because there is so much more too it and no real comparision except that there both kept in aquariums and there is so much more life in the tank and of corse the colors, i had fresh before and had too make the change.

Salt, we've had fresh before, we have learned so much about the saltwater side since getting into it. I guess the reason I like saltwater so much is there is always something new that you never knew was in the tank before. :)

Freshie here.

I keep African cichlids and I'm partial to the Lake Victorians to other regions. I have an affinity for these fish because they are intelligent, active, breed easily, and are relatively easy to care for. IMO, they are as smart as SW fish at a fraction of the expense, and generally speaking you can keep more Africans in a tank than you can SW fish if you make good stocking choices.

Definately freshie here as well. The cichlids are way intelligent and whats more appealing to me are the personalities I encounter. They are all different and reactions are funnier than what I have seen in saltwater. They are a lot cheaper to keep and upgrading them is a lot leasier than it is for saltwater reef tanks (ie tank and filter and some decoration as opposed to super sensitive corals which I've help others with).

I def. enjoy both but I have found that I get mroe gratification out of my 25 bowfront reeftank. I love spooting new creatures growing out of the live rock and with a tank that small my operating costs are very low!

I have been keeping freshwater for so long now it is part of my life, i had never even thought about saltwater but there is always a first time. But not yet i am still happy as i am.

I'm a freshie. I'm still learning so much about the FW side that I guess that I never thought about the SW side. I know my 4 year old thinks about sw all the time. He loves the Finding Nemo movie. Maybe some day I will keep both.

I keep both, I have kept fresh for years and finally got into a SW tank, and I must say, although I enjoy my freshwater friends every day: I REALLY REALLY like SW. The diversity of life is absolutely uncomparable... incredible. It's like a biology lesson every single day.

No, I will never get rid of my clown loaches, either, because they rock. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom