Saltwater trivia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
Which fish has sharp teeth , lives around reefs ,
Can reach up to 50 lbs and is a ferocious fighter ,
But tires out somewhat quickly ?

A) Jack

B) Shark

C) Snapper

D) Barracuda

I'll say D. As a barracuda is more of a streamline predator an relies on speed much like a cheetah

correct

This fish can be found in 20 ft reefs but is more commonly found in 100's of feet , It has no bones and has a taste for chopped pin fish . Which fish is it ?

A) Swordfish

B) Squid

C) Eel

D) Octopus

I'm going to say both b and d, because both are inverts and eat basically any meaty food they can catch

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm going with B. As squids migrate towards the surface in a sort of feeding pattern at night before going back the deep where their larger eyes make them great predators

B is correct

Which of these fish likes to take your bait then wrap your line around rocks ?

A) Ladyfish

B) Catfish

C) Shark

D) Grouper

Hmm, never heard of lady fish but I'm gonna use deduction an go with A. As the rest can be very bulky an from my personal experience with catfish, (40 lbs flathead whoop whoop) they tend to dig more towards the bottom.

D is correct

What fish is known as the silver king ?

A) Ladyfish

B) Tarpon

C) Barracuda

D) Swordfish

B is Correct

Which is the largest snapper ?

A) Yellow tail

B) Red snapper

C) Cubera

D) Mangrove snapper

Lightning couldn't keep me away for long ,

Anyone have a answer to this Question before I post the next Question.

A) Yellow tail

B) Red snapper

C) Cubera

D) Mangrove snapper

Correct answer was A yellow tail

How many rows of teeth does a whale shark have ?

A) About 60

B) About 1000

C) About 100

D) About 400

Lightning couldn't keep me away for long ,

Anyone have a answer to this Question before I post the next Question.

A) Yellow tail

B) Red snapper

C) Cubera

D) Mangrove snapper

Well I'm glad to see you lived through your little electrical experience. Those darn lightning bolts can be tricky for sure ;);)
I believe you entered a wrong answer here. I believe the answer is C- Cubera. We've used grown yellowtails and adult lobsters to catch Cubera. No Atlantic Yellowtail can eat an adult lobster ( in one bite at least :eek: ) (y)

Just an FYI: The Cubera even grows larger than the California Yellowtail ( which is actually in the Jack family) by about 25 lbs. :whistle: ;)

But I like the questions so far :D

How many rows of teeth does a whale shark have ?

A) About 60

B) About 1000

C) About 100

D) About 400
I'll throw my hat in on this one too. ;) The closest answer is D but that is really an over estimate. Whale sharks are filter feeders so they really don't need or use teeth. :brows::whistle:(y)

Well I'm glad to see you lived through your little electrical experience. Those darn lightning bolts can be tricky for sure ;);)
I believe you entered a wrong answer here. I believe the answer is C- Cubera. We've used grown yellowtails and adult lobsters to catch Cubera. No Atlantic Yellowtail can eat an adult lobster ( in one bite at least :eek: ) (y)

Just an FYI: The Cubera even grows larger than the California Yellowtail ( which is actually in the Jack family) by about 25 lbs. :whistle: ;)

But I like the questions so far :D

Yes Andy you are correct It is Cubera
I see how I read that wrong as I have 2 pages on top of each other I apologize on that one

D is Correct

What is the sea cucumber's ultimate defense against predators ?

A) It can expel it's intestines at them .

B) It can secret a neurotoxin .

C) It can swim away and hide .

D) It can camouflage itself well .

Back
Top Bottom