Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Saved some fish-angered petsmart

So I made Petsmart mad today and saved a few fish lives. I was talking to these people who apparently thought I worked for Petsmart although I didn't really think about it at the time. He was complaining about his Oscar eating another fish. So he was asking questions about filters and stuff and him and his wife were buying 2 little red minor tetras. I explained what was about to happen to the tetras if put in a tank with an Oscar, told her they like to school, explained why she should not buy either of her dream fish (bala sharks and a Colombian shark) for her 55 gallon, explained that the 3 goldfish she had in a 2.75 gallon bowl were doomed if she didn't save them, and convinced them to buy an anubias.
So her husband said he was going to take the goldfish out of the tiny tank as soon as he got home and she left the tetras at the pet store. Well the Petsmart employee was ticked off that I had just ruined a sale.
My thought process is,; oh well. I saved a few fish from untimely painful deaths and possible helped 2 people understand how to take care of fish better than advised. Hopefully they will take my advice so they don't get discouraged when their fish all die!

Old 07-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good job. I hope you mentioned this forum!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good for you!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
come get me tang police!

I don't think the employee was ticked off because you ruined a sale, it's not like they are getting commission on sales. They were probably more ticked off that you were in their store playing expert.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

@Jen, I did!
@Jeta lol maybe. I sold them on the plant and possibly a rubber lip pleco. They should love me! lol
Old 07-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I don't see why you told them to get an anubias lol but good job getting them to save the goldfish and tetras
maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
There have been many instances in which I wished I could do that. I've was horrified when I saw some people get 2 black skirt tetras, 2 glofish, a COMMON PLECO, and then a 5 gallon tank. I about blew up. Or when the salesman (obviously a salesman) recommended 1 bala shark in a 5 gallon. That's why I've made it a priority to get a job there and give people better advice.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellag View Post
I don't see why you told them to get an anubias lol but good job getting them to save the goldfish and tetras
lol I was explaining the benefits of plants in tanks and not running carbon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud29 View Post
There have been many instances in which I wished I could do that. I've was horrified when I saw some people get 2 black skirt tetras, 2 glofish, a COMMON PLECO, and then a 5 gallon tank. I about blew up. Or when the salesman (obviously a salesman) recommended 1 bala shark in a 5 gallon. That's why I've made it a priority to get a job there and give people better advice.
Yea I hate it. My Petsmart said a German Blue Ram would be fine in a 2 gallon tank because they only get 2 inches long. I hate that they dont give decent advice.

Tags
petsmart

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com