Saved some fish-angered petsmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I made Petsmart mad today and saved a few fish lives. I was talking to these people who apparently thought I worked for Petsmart although I didn't really think about it at the time. He was complaining about his Oscar eating another fish. So he was asking questions about filters and stuff and him and his wife were buying 2 little red minor tetras. I explained what was about to happen to the tetras if put in a tank with an Oscar, told her they like to school, explained why she should not buy either of her dream fish (bala sharks and a Colombian shark) for her 55 gallon, explained that the 3 goldfish she had in a 2.75 gallon bowl were doomed if she didn't save them, and convinced them to buy an anubias.
So her husband said he was going to take the goldfish out of the tiny tank as soon as he got home and she left the tetras at the pet store. Well the Petsmart employee was ticked off that I had just ruined a sale.
My thought process is,; oh well. I saved a few fish from untimely painful deaths and possible helped 2 people understand how to take care of fish better than advised. Hopefully they will take my advice so they don't get discouraged when their fish all die!

@Jen, I did!
@Jeta lol maybe. I sold them on the plant and possibly a rubber lip pleco. They should love me! lol

I don't see why you told them to get an anubias lol but good job getting them to save the goldfish and tetras

There have been many instances in which I wished I could do that. I've was horrified when I saw some people get 2 black skirt tetras, 2 glofish, a COMMON PLECO, and then a 5 gallon tank. I about blew up. Or when the salesman (obviously a salesman) recommended 1 bala shark in a 5 gallon. That's why I've made it a priority to get a job there and give people better advice.

I don't see why you told them to get an anubias lol but good job getting them to save the goldfish and tetras
lol I was explaining the benefits of plants in tanks and not running carbon.
There have been many instances in which I wished I could do that. I've was horrified when I saw some people get 2 black skirt tetras, 2 glofish, a COMMON PLECO, and then a 5 gallon tank. I about blew up. Or when the salesman (obviously a salesman) recommended 1 bala shark in a 5 gallon. That's why I've made it a priority to get a job there and give people better advice.
Yea I hate it. My Petsmart said a German Blue Ram would be fine in a 2 gallon tank because they only get 2 inches long. I hate that they dont give decent advice.

Back
Top Bottom