Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-23-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Saw a mini van with spinners!

I don't know what the world is coming to.

Coming home from school today, it was a half day, we were at a red light and I look over out my window and see this mini van with spinners.(Spinners are car rims that have an outer part that keeps spinning even when the car is stopped) And yes, they were still spinning. Personally, I don't like spinners, but I think they look OK on Escalades and whatnot. But a mini van! I was just sitting there and looked over and WOW I thought. I was awestruck. It was an incredible sight. Why would anyone have a desire to put spinners on a mini van? Whatever happened to like putting aftermarket spoilers on sports cars and adding turbo chargers?

Well, this may seem like a pointless post, but it's an oddity you don't see everyday. I doubt I'll ever see a mini van with spinners again.

Too bad I didn't have a camera or picture phone

10g - 3 Feeders, 1 Bolivian Ram, 1 Bluegill?
40 Breeder - Eastern Painted
50g Rubbermaid - Mississippi Map
I work at an LFS..
Old 11-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I saw that too! I pointed it out to Daniel and he was like so? I said so? what minivan has those types of wheels!

Join the Eastern PA/Greater Philadelphia Forum! Click here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=7825

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
What's really sad is that they probably paid more for the rims then they did for the Mini-Van. LOL

Now here's a good story, My friends mom gave him her MiniVan for his birthday years ago (when we were still young). He took that minivan dropped the engine threw in a Supercharged V6 Caprice Classic engine, a 3" catback exhaust and all the goodies to go along. We used to take that thing out at night and look for the little import racers, there wasn't many cars that could run with that van!!! HILLARIOUS! Everytime we pull up people were like 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 11-23-2005, 03:29 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
Kinda reminds me of the "tricked out" 1974 deuce and a quarter (Buick Electra 225) I saw recently. Was replete with spinners and so much chrome I could barely see 8O

For those of you unfamiliar with this vehicle, try to imagine the Queen Mary on 4 wheels. LOL!
Old 11-23-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I also am not a fan of spinners. I saw a Chrysler K car with spinners the other day. Car was completely rusted out and looked terrible. LOL
AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Old 11-24-2005, 03:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to ace1uno_00
You guys are mean. I have a van with spinner hub caps.

Just Kidding! LMAO!!! They are all over the bay area. about the ugliest thing ever.
For Sale: Brand New Filstar XP3. In Box w/extra Media. $80 obo shipped.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:04 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Old 11-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay now.... who really owns a mini-van?
I'm an SUV person... I know, I know.. gas guzler, but I live in SUV country California, I can't be driving around in no mini-van and my two ridgebacks ain't fittin' in no toyota corolla!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah, we'll I saw a big-rig Semi on I-80 this past July, with spinners. Only on the cab's rear 4 tires...not on the front and none on the trailer.

It was comical, to say the least.
Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
I know what I'd like to have for Chrismas... an H3... with spinner hubcaps!

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com