Saw a Puffer Fish the size of basketball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I saw a puffer fish, yellow with blue spots in a big pond inside an aquarium store in Park Ridge, Il. He was so cute! He came to me and stayed with the top half of his head out of the water all the while I talked to him. He was just like a dog. He came to say goodbye when I left and hello when I returned a 2nd time. ( I forgot my purse at home 1st time). He seemed like he knew his name was "Speedy". I never knew puffers grew that big. I always liked puffers but now I know down the road a year or two, that a saltwater tank is in the future with a puffer and that little fish that spits gravel. Sorry, I don't know his name, but I see the gravel spitter at the dentist's office.

I saw a puffer fish, yellow with blue spots in a big pond inside an aquarium store in Park Ridge, Il. He was so cute! He came to me and stayed with the top half of his head out of the water all the while I talked to him. He was just like a dog. He came to say goodbye when I left and hello when I returned a 2nd time. ( I forgot my purse at home 1st time). He seemed like he knew his name was "Speedy". I never knew puffers grew that big. I always liked puffers but now I know down the road a year or two, that a saltwater tank is in the future with a puffer and that little fish that spits gravel. Sorry, I don't know his name, but I see the gravel spitter at the dentist's office.

Gravel spiter is a gobie

Thank you for the name! I'm going to transcribe his name to note pad and look him up so I can plan suitable tank mates for a year from now. Grateful! Thanks!

There are hundreds of aquarium goby species. Also many many sw puffer species. The one you saw was one of the larger ones but there are smaller species of sw puffers like the Toby puffers.

There are hundreds of aquarium goby species. Also many many sw puffer species. The one you saw was one of the larger ones but there are smaller species of sw puffers like the Toby puffers.

Thanks. I'll look up sw puffers and Toby puffers.

Back
Top Bottom