school

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kansaschick08

well, today was my first day of school...highschool that is... :( i dont like it, we have A days and B days...to hard to remember.... and any parents out there that are excited for their children to go to school?? i know my mom was. 8O

Aw why don't you like it? What's the significance of A days and B days?

reefrunner69 said:
Start of school....It's the most wonderful time of the year!!
Maybe in the south. Up here in the north its means summer is about over. :(

I am not familiar with A days and B days, either, but there is a commercial that plays for an office supply store and it shows a man pushing a shopping cart through the store, but he is kicking off and gliding with one foot on the cart and the other behind him, toe pointed, head up, in obvious glee. Behind him two kids drag their feet, heads down.

It is exactly how it is! My only problem is that the twins are only 3 with a birthday in late October, so they will be almost 6 before they go to school. My head has turned half-white as it is, by then I will be completely white-haired! My 11-year-old starts middle school in a few weeks and it is kind of bittersweet, it signals the end of the fun summer plans, but no more moping around with nothing to do on those few days when nothing is planned.

I am not familiar with A days and B days, either, but there is a commercial that plays for an office supply store and it shows a man pushing a shopping cart through the store, but he is kicking off and gliding with one foot on the cart and the other behind him, toe pointed, head up, in obvious glee. Behind him two kids drag their feet, heads down.

Yep, it plays here to, it's my most favorite commercial ever!!

i start school on teh 17th(tommorow), man cant wait to get back, adn start learnign more of our marchign show, 4:30 - 6:30 rehearsels after school every day till novemeber, teh school i dotn liek so much (jk i love it)

I'm going back to school this year. I have a degree in Construction Management, but I didn't want to continue my life as a work-a-holic since my wife was pregnant. I'm going back to finish my Mathematics/Secondary Education degree. Two and a Half years it looks like. It should be strange going back, now that I'm almost 30.

If I remember correctly A and B days are like.. A days are MWF and you take, lets say, math, art and science. Then B days are T,R and you take music and history.

I go back to college (UNT) on the 30th. I am kinda looking foward to it, kinda not.

So far I haven't had any classes before 10am because I am NOT a morning person. But my schedule is as follows-

MWF-
9- 9:50 Ecology
10- 10:50- Micro Organisms
11-11:50 General Physics w/ Calc *gags*
12-12:50 Espanol
Mondays only- 2- 2:50 Physics Lab

TR-
3- 4:50 Micro Organisms lab

And then an online course

Luckily tho, me and my boyfriend are taking the spanish class and the online course together.

I just want to be out of school and teaching =o/

School started already?!?! 8O
It's only the third week of August!
And doesn't it end in mid June for most of you?

They're either training you kids to be geniuses or they slipped in a few extra week-long recesses that weren't there when I was in high school!

It should be strange going back, now that I'm almost 30.

I do at least a semester each year. I am 45. Been doing it for the last 10 years. Gotta just keep up with technology. Every once in a while I fly of and take a class like "English", or Social science.....LOL

Mostly in the Electrical/Electronics, Welding, Pipefitting, Millwright, Machinist classes.
I am an Electrcian by trade, but it is good to know all the other stuff as much as possible. I will be taking some Hydraulic classes this fall...jst for the fun of it. Not to mention the scenery is pretty good too. Lots of Nursing classes there too....LOL

Well, I'm 28, and I'll be going to school forever. I graduated from High School in '94, and then automotive school in '95. After a 5 year career hell of working on cars, I started going back to school in 2000. I should finally have an A.S. in Biology in a year (which is worthless). I was planning to work part time and go to school full time so I could get my B.S. quicker, but that plan is quickly losing ground to reality. It looks like I'll be taking 1-3 classes a semester until I finally get a B.S. and then a masters. It will take a while.

My wife, on the other hand, graduated with a B.A. and a teaching certificate last year. After a year of student teaching and substitute teaching, she got her first class. She starts teaching 3rd grade in her own classroom in two weeks.

This year I really dont want school to start (this is like the first time I dont want to go to school after summer) because my schedule is all messed up and I have so many problems I have to work out, I have to take an assessment test that I should have taken months ago, I need to rewire my schedule. ARGH, it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

lol yah my school starts on september 7 i kind of do and dont wanna go back well what can i do but yah i am starting to like school since i am in high school now its more fun than all the others liek junior high

ours go back sept 2 i have everything bought and labled in the backpack next week miranda finds out who her 2nd grade teacher will be she is already nervous i am split part of me loves it and part of me hates it my son is a senior in col and will be graduating this summer with a major in religion and minors in ethics and something else that will not get him a job :roll:

major in religion and minors in ethics and something else that will not get him a job

I have found that in this day and age, for corporate america, it's more about if you have a degree, not what the degree is in.

well, the A day we have 4 classes and they are all an hour and 30 min long so it takes forever and a half to finish one class, which means more work. and it goes the same for B days... the reason i dont like it very much is because i have classes with none of my frieds....and i dont even see them throught the days in the halls of what not....so it stinks... :cry:

School just started, give it a chance! I remember A and B days, but the only thing that changed in my school was either you had science lab for gym.

Buh... school :evil: I hated school. I graduated High School in '95, and besides a three month course in audio engineering, I've done everything i could to avoid going back. But I've recently figured out that if I don't study something, I'll be stuck in this rut some would call a job for-ev-er. So starting this winter I'm going to give it another try. Good luck to everyone starting back up in the next couple weeks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom