Science Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tategrant

Aquarium Advice Freak
So that time of year has come around again. Yay. I have to do a science project and I want to do something to make my fish keeping easier or more efficient. My idea was to drill a hole in my tank and put a spout thing like on the Gatorade jugs to make water changes easier but the idea flew out the window... Any ideas of what to do?

Solar panel-run light and CO2 solenoid :)
I'm taking a photovoltaics class and that's my idea for a project we're doing later in the semester. If that's too complicated maybe just a filter...

Ive always had the concept that if i ever set up breeder racks that i would drill a hole about 1/4th down the tank and have a hose will a ball valve and then have a hose ready to fill them up all at the same time. With T valves all mounted in the canopy.

It may be too late for this idea, but you could breed some guppies and take notes on what traits are dominant and recursive. It may be difficult to do because the females don't show the colors males do. That may make it harder to see the traits females carries. If you could figure out a way to predict percentages of the traits then chart the traits that actually show up, then you can show a comparison of what you thought would happen and what actually happened.

It may be too late for this idea, but you could breed some guppies and take notes on what traits are dominant and recursive. It may be difficult to do because the females don't show the colors males do. That may make it harder to see the traits females carries. If you could figure out a way to predict percentages of the traits then chart the traits that actually show up, then you can show a comparison of what you thought would happen and what actually happened.

I found nice female guppy with good color just gotta look hard .. I know my one black female has strong genes because alot of my fry are black looking

I found nice female guppy with good color just gotta look hard .. I know my one black female has strong genes because alot of my fry are black looking

I wish I had kept fish while I was in high school. I think guppy breeding would have made a good science fair project.

How would I know for the female and male to begin with if they were dominant or recursive

Solar panel-run light and CO2 solenoid :)
I'm taking a photovoltaics class and that's my idea for a project we're doing later in the semester. If that's too complicated maybe just a filter...

I thought about solar panel lights but I was like if my lights were on to charge the lights wouldn't that defeat the purpose

How would I know for the female and male to begin with if they were dominant or recursive

You would first have to research to see if that is something that is known or not. If its not, your first step would be to crossbreed in an attempt to determine what traits are dominant or recessive. If its known, then you start from there. In other words, you would have to do your background research :angel:.

You would first have to research to see if that is something that is known or not. If its not, your first step would be to crossbreed in an attempt to determine what traits are dominant or recessive. If its known, then you start from there. In other words, you would have to do your background research :angel:.

I agree with this post. Basically research it and if there is no information make an educated guess, then watch what happens.

I thought about solar panel lights but I was like if my lights were on to charge the lights wouldn't that defeat the purpose

Well you would put the panel outside so the sun would charge it. That's why it's called a Solar panel.

Back
Top Bottom