sea monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
has anyone else heard of these things. i just hear ablout them today and from what i can see all they are are brine shimp eggs and they grow out to be brine shrimp. it is sooo weird though i will put a link to a site where u can find some stuff out about them. any one have one of these? maybe bought one for there kids. it is like an ultra starter kit for kids

http://www.sea-monkeys.com/html/aboutsm/whatarethey.html

Many many moons ago, these were all the rage. Advertisements appeared in almost every magazine, newspaper and comic book. Just add water and poof!

It wasn't until I got into this hobby that I found out that they were actually shrimp.

You've never heard of sea monkeys?!?!?

I think ive had every sea monkey kit you could possible own (well, in the recent 10 years or so)

They are pretty awesome

sea monkeys are just a really expensive brine shrimp....theyre the same thing but marketed as a different thing at about 20 times the cost....

mine only would live for about a week anyways....
and triops? well they get kindfa boring after they all eat eachother and die....

I love Sea Monkeys (or more, the mystique/image of Sea Monkeys) and collect vintage Sea Monkey stuff...all stems from when I was five and embraced (if only for a short while until my aquarist father killed it) the dream of keeping little, naked, web-footed aquatic humanoids in a fish bowl.

The sea-monkeys made their first appearance in the 70's, didn't they?

Cute little buggers... and my fish seem to love em to! :wink:

wow i missed out on those lol i am only 17 so this is the first time i have ever heard of em. still pretty damn neat though. i am thinking about getting one just for the fun of it.

sea monkeys are great. when I was in fifth grade I had some and got them on and off here and there. they are a neat toy and I like toirtis liked the image of sea monkeys, cute little underwater humanoids - neat creatures but they are literally brine shrimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom