Secret fish admirers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my mom secretly likes my fish. But she always says 'you spend too much time/money on those fish!' I've caught her many times looking at both my tanks and commenting how nice and pretty the fish and plants are.the other night during feeding time, she came in and watched the feeding frenzy. She hasn't actually bought me anything yet, but she encourages me to buy new plants/fish. Many times, I've had to explain why the fish she wants me to buy will not work: temperament, full size ect. I know I'm not alone in this.

lol that's my dad for you......very against me spending more money on the hobby, but when it comes time to buy something new for the tank, boy does he have a boatload of suggestions :lol: Just like with you, they normally aren't able to work though....for stocking my 29 gallon, he suggested 1 tiger barb, 1 guppy, and a cobalt lobster :lol: He really has been wanting me to get some type of crab/lobster/crayfish for one of my tanks. I finally did find a type of crab that will work, and when I told him about it he was very excited :lol:

Ahah my mom is definitly that way...sometimes she'll even buy corals for the tank if they are pretty enough:p

Sounds like it's time to set up and curtain and start charging for admission! :D

Tetra1990 said:
Or cheap enough lol. I don't have a saltwater tank, but I can imagine the corals can be kind of pricey.

Eh they arent too bad. Small frags are usually cheap. She bought the tank some $15 neon clove polyps;)

MY DAD THINKS I SPEND WAY TOO MUCH TIME, MONEY, AND GET TO TECHNICAL ABOUT IT ALL!!! But then he goes to the LFS with me and buys 5 danios for the newish 45 long. LoL

Ahah my mom is definitly that way...sometimes she'll even buy corals for the tank if they are pretty enough:p

That is awesome.

When I got my first 55g my grandmother reluctantly allowed me to set it up. I swear I thought she hated it beyond all belief. When I moved out about six months later she bought her own tank the very next day.

My dad loves jack dempseys, but I went a different route with my tank. Ie, small schooling fish, but in a year or two, I might change to some jack dempseys.

MY DAD THINKS I SPEND WAY TOO MUCH TIME, MONEY, AND GET TO TECHNICAL ABOUT IT ALL!!! But then he goes to the LFS with me and buys 5 danios for the newish 45 long. LoL

thats cause danios cost less than a buck:D:D(y)

Back
Top Bottom