See-through toilet from inside only! (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's a picture of a public toilet in Switzerland that's made entirely
out of one-way glass. No one can see you in there, but when you are
inside, it looks like you're sitting in a clear glass box.

I've heard of that. I think I saw them mentioned on some show where they are used in clubs. Very odd.

And just what made you want to post this Lori?????

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can't you see through one-way glass if you get up close enough? :?

I work in the construction business and one of our architects sent that to us as a joke telling us that this was going to be the toilets they were going to use on all future jobs, lol. I got the e-mail and I was like, I gotta share this!

You are right about seeing through it. One way glass is the same on both sides, whichever side is brighter becomes the mirror, and darker becomes the see through side. I woud assume that they at least put a fairly bright light on the club side, and something dim on the toilet side to minimize the chance of see through. If you really wanted to, I bet you could still cup your hands around your eyes, put your head to the glass, and see right in.

when i saw the title i was thinking of something a lot more disgusting then that....glad i was wrong

why would you want to watch traffic go by as you take care of business? :?:

Well I just remembered this is a family forum so I won't write what I was thinking it could be used for :oops:

RogerMcAllen said:
One way glass is the same on both sides, whichever side is brighter becomes the mirror, and darker becomes the see through side.

If you went in at night and turned on the light (it must have a light inside), wouldn't the entire street be able to see you in all your glory?

But at least Switzerland has public toilets. In NYC, you have to go into a McDonald's and buy something from the dollar menu before they will give you the key to the restrooms. :roll:

I would wait until I saw somebody go inside and then get about 10 feet away from it and act like I could see inside. Probably take a friend with me and be like "OMG!! (pointing finger at about toilet level, grabbing friend's sleeve and telling them to look at where I'm pointing)". They in turn would give a similar surprised reaction.

Now that would be funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom