selling fish to lfs in general

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
is there a general rule for how much you should sell fish to a lfs? 25% of what they sell it for?

I've never had to return a fish except for one time I needed to get rid of a pleco that got huge and I couldn't remember where I bought it but no one would take it except one lfs. And they gave me nothing for it -.-

i was wondering because one lfs sells rcs for $8-$10 and another sells them for $1-$3 so i was hoping i could sell them for more to the first one.....

is there a general rule for how much you should sell fish to a lfs? 25% of what they sell it for?

It depends entirely on whether the species is common or rare and what your specific lfs feels like doing. Our experience will most likely not equal your experience. You need to ask at your lfs.

one more question, how much can you sell ramshorn snail and pond snails for?

see above.

My lfs gives me pond snails for free to feed to my assassins. I don't think there's a market for selling pond snails.

Maybe for those like you, who are using them for food. Folks who own puffers, loaches, even assassins might make a small market.

Most LFS will only issue store credit for fish brought in by customers, unless it is something very rare. In my experience anyway.

I was thinking the same

I think it's all in the plan ;) They hooked me when they did this for us! All I know, I have vowed to give them my business when I'm not ordering online. I think they plan on that...I am sure I am not the only one that feels well taken care. They are great! Everything in their shop is returnable too for 100% refund! No matter what it is! I just brought in an ancient aquarium heater that I myself didn't purchase from them, and when they saw me looking to buy a replacement, they said "grab one and we'll do an exchange. We guarantee these guys for life." I told him it came with the tank and he didn't care. I walked out with a new $100 heater not spending a penny!

Back
Top Bottom