Senior Project Around Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathanpopp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any good senior project ideas that have to do with fish.

Does anyone have any good senior project ideas that have to do with fish.

High school or college? I've been out of school for years. It would be cool to explain how to properly cycle,stock and maintain a tank. Of corse this all will have to be in great detail.

Is this for this year or next year? Because if it is for next year, you could do something with selective breeding and genetics in guppies or something.

Is this for this year or next year? Because if it is for next year, you could do something with selective breeding and genetics in guppies or something.

It's next year, so i have a lot of time. That sounds interesting to me!

It's next year, so i have a lot of time. That sounds interesting to me!

Good, if you were just starting a senior project now for this year I think you would be in trouble...

See if you can find some wild type feeder guppies and pick a trait and breed for it. Document the progression over the generations and hypothesize on what traits are dominant vs recessive.

The sooner you start, the more generations you might be able to squeeze into the project. You will need a few smallish tanks for breeding and fry rearing, and I would definitely recommend looking into guppy genetics and line breeding methods. And who knows, a few years down the line if you keep it up we could have a new strain of guppy!

Makes me wish I had to do a senior project... Although I finished high school in a school where I lived in a dorm and wasn't allowed to have fish. Although our science labs were kind of epic, so I could have probably done it there.

Back
Top Bottom