Seriously?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw another thread about something like this today. I love prime.

Huh... that is something I have debated myself, how exactly these water conditioners affect the fish. I wonder how much credibility is behind this article.

Huh... that is something I have debated myself, how exactly these water conditioners affect the fish. I wonder how much credibility is behind this article.

Idk... put most ppl use water conditioners. I guess it just goes to show how different fish keeping is for people.

there is no way I could let water set out for PWCs I have 7 tanks...
3) 55g 3) 10g and a bubblegum machine :brows:

I think it may be a little over the top... I'm always afraid I dont' have enough water conditioner... :eek:

I have three 5g jugs I set up to sit for awhile. I use that water for my flowerhorn's tank. The rest, I let the water sit for a good hour. What difference that makes, I have no clue. But, it makes me feel better. haha. And yea, I stick to Prime. I'm on the verge of buying one of those big handle jugs.

chlorine will evap out of water but alot of treatment plants are using chloramines which will NOT evap out and are deadly to fish the only way to eliminate those are through water conditioners

I have three 5g jugs I set up to sit for awhile. I use that water for my flowerhorn's tank. The rest, I let the water sit for a good hour. What difference that makes, I have no clue. But, it makes me feel better. haha. And yea, I stick to Prime. I'm on the verge of buying one of those big handle jugs.

I was using aqueon water conditioner until i noticed my tanks testing for like 1ppm ammonia then I switched to aqueon ammonia neutralizer ( I had/have coupons ) I bought my first bottle of prime. It's a little more expensive but I think it'll last longer :D

Either way, we are basically placing our fish in a box of chemicals... it's kind of disturbing. Or maybe I'm hopping on this organic-train too heavily.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Either way, we are basically placing our fish in a box of chemicals... it's kind of disturbing. Or maybe I'm hopping on this organic-train too heavily.

you think so? i get where your coming from but people have had tanks and the same fish for years it cant be that bad can it?

According to the sites for the water conditioners that I've actually read into, the effects of their product dissipate in short order. They are just reducing agents anyway.

FWIW, h2o is a chemical also.

What do you mean by "bad tanks"? And yea, it works out fine. But, don't you ever wonder about some of this junk we throw in the tanks without really thinking? Like, I had a jar of freeze-dried blood worms that had a warning that they are a carcinogen. Don't even bother reading the MSDS behind the chemicals we use to treat diseases. It's amazing fish don't float more frequently...

TheCrazyFishLady said:
What do you mean by "bad tanks"? And yea, it works out fine. But, don't you ever wonder about some of this junk we throw in the tanks without really thinking? Like, I had a jar of freeze-dried blood worms that had a warning that they are a carcinogen. Don't even bother reading the MSDS behind the chemicals we use to treat diseases. It's amazing fish don't float more frequently...

i ment had tanks sorry typing on my phone at 1am gets challengeing lol. look at quick cure i forget the ingredient its something green it starts with an f that's accused of causing cancer in humans yet the fish are fine when exposed to it

green malachite, I believe. Yea, it really is insane...

And yes, I do realize that water is a chemical. We are nothing but a build-up of chemicals (I'm a chem major after all). I meant "chemical" in the negative connotation, of unnatural species.

This link is word for word with that other one that was posted yesterday. I don't know if any of the information is accurate because it's not cited.

Even still, what is the summary? What does Prime (or any other water conditioner) do that is bad for the tank/livestock?

No clue, hence why I brought up where or not it is even relevant. Anyone can post up an article claiming whatever they want. Especially if it is a mass-produced product.

idk how I feel about it because there are so many things humans consume these days that are not by any means healthy. I drink sweet in low in my tea....

I eat fast food....

People smoke and drink ( which is very harmful to health and not a necessity)

how many things say they cause cancer and we still consume or use them...

How many human medications have side effects but people still have to take them... you know?

Idk... it's kinda one of those things to think about....

jetajockey said:
This link is word for word with that other one that was posted yesterday. I don't know if any of the information is accurate because it's not cited.

Even still, what is the summary? What does Prime (or any other water conditioner) do that is bad for the tank/livestock?

according to that link build up sulfurios compounds another thing i think thats over looked is the rise in the increase in chloramines the only way to treat water for fish with that present is a water conditioner

Back
Top Bottom