Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #11
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award
I'm not taking it personal at all. But I don't like seeing people that are trying to help others being "talked to" like what I've seen. Like you all, I'm here to pass on what I know to hopefully help another. I have gotten to the point though where if I see someone responding rudely to a poster I won't give advice. (Well, unless I'm feeling snarky at the moment ) I know that not sharing advice is probably not the best way to handle it, but it seems if they're giving someone else a rude reply, then they really didn't want the advice. Just my .02 cents.

I just felt compelled to write this post. I wasn't out to offend anyone, I was more hoping that those that do respond rudely would read this and maybe get a bit of a clue.

Jamie.... "The fingers of natural selection are hovering over the delete button."
AA community rules: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
+1. I am glad you said something!
I have also gotten e-mails from people, about other people responding to their posts in a rude way, which make them feel like idiots, when we have all been there at some point! That aspect has been better lately though.

dkpate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
well, if you want people to take your advice, tell them only what they want to hear.
cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion
hey deputy dragon...

lol im in the same boat as you. I guess really we are all pretty sure in our beliefs though. Just like I am totally against cycling with fish, others arent. Im trying to be more open to others ideas. I was called "the stocking police" in that thread a while back and I actually took it as a compliment. It does really burn me up when somebody asks for advice, then says they arent going to do it, this is how its going to be done, fix it... I know when i need advice, i listen to what those who are trying to help have to say, and try my best to make it happen...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Admin

If you believe that a post is inappropriate please remember to report it by clicking the tiny triangle to the left of the post and site staff can take a look.... We expect members to be polite but problem is that everyone's idea of 'polite' is a little different.

((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(((>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
Support Aquarium Advice | Community Rules | Terms of Service | Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com