Seriously.. why??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is so alluring to this creature? Water is dirty kitty but yet I find this more often than not..busted!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1442970783637.jpg
    1442970783637.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 1442970795505.jpg
    1442970795505.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 1442970805566.jpg
    1442970805566.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 121
Mine did the same when I had my QT on the floor. She would drink the water from it as if evap wasn't enough lol

Caleb

I have several former feral cats and for whatever reason they prefer dirty tank water to the fresh clean water kept in several places around the house. I'm really curious if it tastes better or something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That cat sure looks guilty, Brookster.

I have several former feral cats and for whatever reason they prefer dirty tank water to the fresh clean water kept in several places around the house. I'm really curious if it tastes better or something?

Not suggesting you do a taste test ? but I'm thinking the fresh, clean water may have a metallic taste to it. May not be detectable to you (as a human ?). The "dirty" water has had several opportunities for the metals to be removed, absorbed, etc.
I don't own a cat, but if I did, I'd probably end up with something like this: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442981209.028543.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My cats do the same thing. They don't pay any attention to the fish...but they are ALL about drinking the water.

My tap has chlorine or cloramines in it. It smells like a swimming pool. Maybe because I use Prime it taste better?

I had a near miss when mineralising some soil outside recently. I had used the soil and put the flexible grow tub back outside for cleaning but I forgot and when I went outside to clean it a cat had somehow managed to perch it's full weight on the rim of a flexible grow tub and leave a little present in the bottom. I had to admire the sheer balance of this creature. And then I chased them all away.

I had a near miss when mineralising some soil outside recently. I had used the soil and put the flexible grow tub back outside for cleaning but I forgot and when I went outside to clean it a cat had somehow managed to perch it's full weight on the rim of a flexible grow tub and leave a little present in the bottom. I had to admire the sheer balance of this creature. And then I chased them all away.

Hahahah they are quite nimble.
I've literally heard her choking herself trying to get to the water in the bucket. I can under stand the Metallic tap water thing, I drink it.. tastes fine to me, guessing I wouldn't care for the cat food taste though?? I even have a little fountain thinger to gas off the water same as my water barrel. gotta be the vish pooo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All my animals drink out of my tanks(where your GBR came from!!).
I am stainless steel for my dogs/cats and they all drink out of pool,fish tanks,kiddie pool(supposed to be for dogs?)??
My buddy said he switched from stainless to plastic for his dog bowl and his dog drinks 2x more water now???
Between the metal and chlorine I'm not sure I blame them.
It is great when you find dog food vomited from drinking too much water next to/in your tank.(y)

This silly little girl decided to get a drink out of the 20g tank on the bottom of the rack in the background. She usually doesn't do that so I was watching her and what do you know but all the Thai black moscows come swimming right up to her! I'm very glad that her breed is so domesticated that she has no hunting skills. The only time she ever caught a mouse it was a juvie and she had its head in her mouth as opposed to carrying it by the neck and biting through the spinal cord as cats tend to do. She then took this mouse to her bed and let it go and laid down and watched it run around in her bed with her. I think she wanted a new pet. Lol.

Attachments

• 1443244006423.jpg
    1443244006423.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom