Shark Tale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw Shark Tale this weekend. I pretty much hated every bit of it.

Blah! ...Just Blah! :cry:

Makes me sad that Dreamworks may have accidently fallen into the same quicksand Disney got stuck in.

What does everyone else think?

By the way, was oscar any particular fish? or was he just some poorly designed generic fish?

thanks!
-Matt

Oh man. THe previews looked great.

Regretfully I wont see it till it hits the DVD shelf.

I am a CG artist. So I am very excited about 3-D films.

But, the jokes were not funny,

the Dialouge was awful,

The characters were forgetable,

The story was non existent.

The design was awful.

It just was no good. sorry.

I'm so glad that someone started this thread (was just about ready to do it myself!)

I love cartoons/CG animation that is done well, and Shark Tale looks like it is, but why couldn't they leave the fish looking more fish like? The love interest is an angel fish?- doesn't look like it!!! and don't get me started on Angelina Jolie's character being a dragon fish...???!!!!

I'm glad that you have convinced me that I don't have to waste my money to go see it. Like fishfreek said, I'll catch it on dvd.

hold on.....Renee Zellweggers character was suposed to be an angle fish???

and Angelina Jolie's character was a dragon fish???

COME ON DREAMWORKS! YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!

I guess Will Smith was supposed to be a Grouper?

Why is it that only the sharks looked like ... you know...sharks?

I like how that shark looks like DeNiro though :)

I'm glad to read this. I'll pay 2 bucks to see it at our 2nd run theater, but I'd be upset if I saw it for $8 and felt the same way you guys do.

-j

I didn't interest me from the get go. The characters are not appealing even from the previews. Looked like a poor attempts to rip off "Finding Nemo".
Kinda like the difference between "A Bugs Life" and "Antz".

Ill get it on netflix. Wont cost me anything other than the opertunity cost of watching some other movie at a flat monthly rate.

Well, to be fair, "Finding Nemo", and "Shark Tale" are two very different films. so a comparison really shouldn't be made between the two. ( except from a visual standpoint.)

"Antz" and "Bug's Life" were very similar in story and visual design. So comparisons can be drawn there.

Yeah. Def oscarbreeder. No offense to Rocket Season OR his opinion but I just don't take people's opinions anymore (especially the critics!!!!). I've seen too many movies that were supposed to be "horrible" and I ended up liking and vice versa. Everyone's taste is different.
Just like how one persons trash is anothers treasure.
I'll have to go see it for myself and will do.

I understand what you mean though, Rocket Season.. In order to have a good, rememberable movie, it must take on those certain qualities that you listed in your first post.
I mean, I still catch myself randomly laughing to myself while looking back on certain scenes in Finding Nemo. Now that's what makes a good movie!!!

I'll have to go see it for myself and will do.

8) Dan

The fact that the fish looked more like the actors voicing them more than fish made it a little too creepy for my tastes.. even if the movie ends up being good, I think that's still going to distract me.

I have not seen this movie so will give no opinion on it,
but I like it when they draw the charectors to look like the voices. Its a voice you know, and to see a "familer" face and/or features, I think adds to the appeal. Although, I dont like to loose the intended animal.... in this case fish.... when you cant tell what kind of fish it is... well, thats a little overboard :soap:

Me it's the opposite. I tend to blend the characters they played before and the ones they play in the current movie.

Melody said:
I like it when they draw the charectors to look like the voices. Its a voice you know, and to see a "familer" face and/or features, I think adds to the appeal.

That would be nice, but they didn't really do to much of that "blending".

It was just general bad design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom