Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

That's what she said lol. /thread jack

Old 02-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labenator65000
Ha! Shed Aquarium (you know, like Shedd Aquarium--in Chicago)
Haha! Yeah, that's what I thought this thread was about too.

Very nice shed and tanks!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

GREAT TANKS!!! Man, i wish i had a tank like that! Lol. I love the pic were the cories are all chillin together!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi thanks for all your kind comments
The polypterus get to about 14 inches or 35 cm, mine is about 7 inches long he is called 'Quasi' They are a perfect first time oddball fish as they are very hardy and quite easy to keep
Yes they cories all chillin together is a very rare sight as one is always awol {Absent, Without, Leave}
Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi update on me shed. The planted tank is doing well,but seems to be getting rather allot of shrimps in there? Could that be a problem? Also i had to clean out the filter again as it was blocked. I found numerous baby shrimps in there,how do they get in there? I even have a prefilter sponge fitted to the intake strainer! Also i see the snails are doing rather better than i expected in there So the shrimp tank is getting rather well stocked OK very well stockedso that's the next plan to start moving some shrimps on. I also put on another filter on the shrimp tank plus upping the PWC. The five footer is going along nicely,but need to move on some B/Ns as they are getting to many in there now! I also discovered some mould on the shed walls,so this also needs to be sorted. Think this is due to not enough {air} circulation in the actual shed? I am also looking to get a marine tank soon Till the next time happy fish keeping
Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi well the marine tank has got to take a back seat for now till i sort out me other tanks. the planted tank is going really well and is in need of a trim up,i have also upped the size of the internal filter as the tank seems to have a 'cloudy' look to it at times? The five footer is doing OK, I even found a shrimp in there how it got in there is baffling but it seemed happy enough? The shrimp tank is in serious need of thinning out,so if anybody wants some please just P/M Me {UK only I'm afraid} I even found a baby corrie in me shrimp tank till the next update happy fishkeeping
Old 03-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

What about a dehumidifier? You don't want too much mould. It's not good for you!
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two View Post
What about a dehumidifier? You don't want too much mould. It's not good for you!
Good point i am looking into this
Well having a funny old time of it at the moment? Lost quite a few shrimps today? I added a new filter the weekend,and i am assuming that although i used some mature media that i still had a mini spike hence why i lost some shrimps? The remaining shrimps seem happy enough? Also my main tank well over run with snails, but i am using a snail trap to make a start on removing some and its doing a great job too This tank needs a proper sort out as its not a 'happy' tank if that makes sense? The other tanks are doing well
Old 10-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi I'd forgotten about this thread Now for the update Well not much has changed! The plants have gone mad in the four footer,the five footer is looking empty as the fish hide all the time,me shrimps are breeding like mad as are my B/Ns but alas there are changes afoot I am looking to redo my planted tank,also the oddball tank is going to get an overhaul and the shrimps maybe getting larger quarters, I do nothing by half
Five foot may get changed to a slightly bigger five foot or even a six footer
The current five foot get changed to a planted set up?
Shrimps may get a slightly larger two foot tank{current tank is only 23 inches long and 12 inches high, I have a 24 x 12 x 15 empty so this makes sense to set up?}
WATCH THIS SPACE please
Old 10-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi this must be the slowest update ever!! Well all going well in me shed. The tanks are doing very well and all well most of the plants are doing well with the vallis doing exceptionally well,growing to over two metres long. The shrimps have settled down and not getting in the filters anymore,but they are labour intensive with the cleaning out! Now for the future
Current plans - six foot possible a discus set up?
Five foot - African biotope? Undecided!
Also will have to get round to getting some new photo's on here

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com