Shed aquarium MK2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stingrays4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi not sure where to put this so thought this was the safest place?
Hi my name is James {stingrays4} and i have a fish shed hence the title,now this shed is for me fish since i was banned from the house along time ago:nono: It also where i keep me fishing gear and a few other bits and pieces. The tanks i have currently running are a five foot oddball tank with a single polypterus delhizi,three liver cats,three geo's, one syno {over 20 years old} and numerous B/Ns:) I also have a four foot planted tank with five golden gouramis,ten rummynoses,six cardinals,two checker barbs,six panda cories a pair of B/Ns which are breeding so i got numerous babies in there aswell! And more shrimps than i can count:eek: I also have a two foot tank for growing on shrimps,and latest set up is a fluval edge 23 litre with just three baby B/Ns in and a few shrimps:)
I am hoping to use this thread to keep you informed on how things go in my shed plus latest idea's acquisitions etc etc and also to get some input and idea's from members on here:) enjoy the photo's(y)

Attachments

• shed in snow (Large).jpg
    shed in snow (Large).jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 551
  • five foot 11-2-12 (Large).jpg
    five foot 11-2-12 (Large).jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 167
  • four foot 11-2-12 (Large).jpg
    four foot 11-2-12 (Large).jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 170
  • shrimp heaven (Large).jpg
    shrimp heaven (Large).jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 196
Hi a few more photo's:D

Attachments

• 6 pandas (Large).jpg
    6 pandas (Large).jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 150
  • geo 1 (Large).jpg
    geo 1 (Large).jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 152
  • shelving1 (Large).jpg
    shelving1 (Large).jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 151
  • shelving 2 (Large).jpg
    shelving 2 (Large).jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 150
Hi not sure where to put this so thought this was the safest place?
Hi my name is James {stingrays4} and i have a fish shed hence the title,now this shed is for me fish since i was banned from the house along time ago:nono: It also where i keep me fishing gear and a few other bits and pieces. The tanks i have currently running are a five foot oddball tank with a single polypterus delhizi,three liver cats,three geo's, one syno {over 20 years old} and numerous B/Ns:) I also have a four foot planted tank with five golden gouramis,ten rummynoses,six cardinals,two checker barbs,six panda cories a pair of B/Ns which are breeding so i got numerous babies in there aswell! And more shrimps than i can count:eek: I also have a two foot tank for growing on shrimps,and latest set up is a fluval edge 23 litre with just three baby B/Ns in and a few shrimps:)
I am hoping to use this thread to keep you informed on how things go in my shed plus latest idea's acquisitions etc etc and also to get some input and idea's from members on here:) enjoy the photo's(y)
I like the tank in the bottom left. What is the purple plant?

I want some... really bad.... but I doubt my light could handle it.....

Ha! Shed Aquarium (you know, like Shedd Aquarium--in Chicago) :)
Hi you got it in one(y) I visited there in 1989 and was well impressed to say the least so when i set me new shed up i called it 'Shedd Aquarium Jnr' This is actually the third shed that i have kept fish in:oops:

Nice tanks! What a shame to have them locked up in the shed, not in the house!
Hi yes it does but i had too many tanks scattered every where so had to centralise operations so to speak:lol: but also got banned from the house:nono: but now i am buying the property in question so now i can have tanks back indoors:dance: but not sure if i will? Got a few idea's knocking about so it really depends on what i decide as to whether i do put tanks back indoors.
I had 1 tank in the living room,3 in the dinning room,2 in me bedroom,1 tank in the garage and 2 in the original shed:eek::D:whistle:

stingrays4 said:
Hi yes it does but i had too many tanks scattered every where so had to centralise operations so to speak:lol: but also got banned from the house:nono: but now i am buying the property in question so now i can have tanks back indoors:dance: but not sure if i will? Got a few idea's knocking about so it really depends on what i decide as to whether i do put tanks back indoors.
I had 1 tank in the living room,3 in the dinning room,2 in me bedroom,1 tank in the garage and 2 in the original shed:eek::D:whistle:

Lol. That sounds like my place. Tanks scatted around the house where ever there is a spare power point!

Hi yes,i have normal vallis sorry forgotten its proper name and jungle vallis which to be honest has got to big for the tank,the leaves are twice as long as the tank:eek:,also got duckweed in there plus riccia. The duckweed i have to remove a good hand full each week:eek: the shrimps love the riccia.
Yes Mumma of two a spare power point wasn't spare for long.........:whistle:
Also here is my polypterus Delhizi and me liver cat plus one of me gouramis:)

Attachments

• quasi 3 (Large).jpg
    quasi 3 (Large).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 100
  • liver 1 (Large).jpg
    liver 1 (Large).jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 109
  • honey1 (Large).jpg
    honey1 (Large).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 102
Sweet! I like the crocodile looking thing! Im assuming it is the polypterus Delhizi?

Hi yes Godfan and Joe5688 the first photo is the polypterus delhizi:)
The polypterus is an amazing fish,the are a very old species of fish,been around for a very long time. They come from Africa and live primarily in the Congo river. They are short sighted but hunt using smell,prowling just like a cat stalking a mouse. They will eat anything they can get in there largish mouth but are clumsy hunters.they are also quite clumsy in the aquarium preferring to go through the decor rather than round:lol: but they are a surprisingly hardy fish and quite easy to keep:)

Back
Top Bottom