Shipping live plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright, so i plan on starting to sell live plants this summer! I have everything worked out except the whole shipping ordeal! I will be shipping through usps but I have a few questions! Can i handwritten the labels instead of printing? Also do I have to have a tracking number?can I have the package picked up at. Y house or do I have to take it to the post office? If I have it picked up at my house how do I get the tracking number if i get one? Please help!!

Alright, so i plan on starting to sell live plants this summer! I have everything worked out except the whole shipping ordeal! I will be shipping through usps but I have a few questions! Can i handwritten the labels instead of printing? Also do I have to have a tracking number?can I have the package picked up at. Y house or do I have to take it to the post office? If I have it picked up at my house how do I get the tracking number if i get one? Please help!!

If you take it to the post they will print the labels and give you tracking.

If you print the labels it will give you tracking and the post will pick up at your home.

If you hand write out addresses you'll need to take it to the post to pay and they will give you a tracking number.

I always just take it to the post. It's easier for me to do so when I take the kids to school.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Does it cost extra to take it to the post office and have them print the labels?

No but you get a discount if you print the labels from there website and tape it onto the package. The discount isn't much and you'll need a scale to do it.

You'll also have more expenses cause you'll be using more tape and also your own printer paper.

It is for me. One thing to keep in mind though. If you print the labels yourself the cost of the package isn't on it. If you take it in the price will be on the package. So you could charge a little more to cover the supplies I guess. But from what I've learned people want the prices as low as you can get it.

I forgot to add you'll also have ink for your printer that you'll need to buy too If you do it yourself and that is not cheap for as long as they last

Alright thanks! Also if I ship priority then the cost will always be the same wont it?

It is for me. One thing to keep in mind though. If you print the labels yourself the cost of the package isn't on it. If you take it in the price will be on the package. So you could charge a little more to cover the supplies I guess. But from what I've learned people want the prices as low as you can get it.

I forgot to add you'll also have ink for your printer that you'll need to buy too If you do it yourself and that is not cheap for as long as they last

I always say I can ship for $7 anywhere in the US. Sometimes it's a dollar and some change off but I put on the invoice it's to cover shipping supplies. I've mailed thousands of plants and have never been questioned once

So priority isn't just the same price every time? I thought if it fit it ships? Idk this is confusing I'll get on their website and look at it a little more lol

Alright thanks man!! Hopefully I can start selling this summer

Bigal, if you ship them in a flat rate priority box than shipping will be the same, but may take an extra day to Hawaii, for example.

If you have regular boxes and ship priority then it's by weight.

It's cheaper if you print out the labels using paypal and they also generate your tracking number.

I just box everything up print out the labels via paypal and drop my package off at the post office in the drop box inside... No waiting.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom