Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Who wears a shirt and tie to work?
Do wear a shirt and tie to work 10 32.26%
Don't wear a shirt and tie to work 21 67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
sweat pants, t-shirt, and heavy flanel. then i get into a uniform at work (automotive) and change back at the end of the day.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
well a vote for the shirt and tie thing. In fact I wear a suit and tie almost every day. I too HATE all the pins but have yet to miss them, thankefully. I work six days a week and on my day off I refuse to wear anything with buttons atall. T-shirt and jeans with a baseball cap. My wife hates it cause she always looks good and wants me to "put in as much effort on my day off as i do on my days on" I dont think I'll ever cave to ironing on my day off.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
I actually spend my entire work day in a modified form of pajamas! Ties are about three times a year for official functions, when I can't get out of them.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Rach101
I wear mens dress shirts and the occaisonal tie to school.. in a girlish way ofcourse
We are far to young and clever
-too* in retrospect the irony hurts
Old 03-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
Heh, Im a paint contractor so I get to wear painters whites(with drops of every color in the world..lol) and a white tee shirt.
Please remember to vote for Aquarium Advice!

Old 03-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well for Rick... It entirely depends on how his day is going...
On a good day its a dress shirt and tie (BTW he hates it- he questions the idea of tieing a noose around ones neck before spending 16 hours with a bunch of people you hate )
on a somewhat bad day he wears his UPS browns...
and on a REALLY bad day he wears a suite & tie...
when I see him pull THOSE out of the closet I know to have a good strong drink ready for him when he gets home...
There are days that he will go thru all three... thats a REALLY bad day

***is there something wrong with spell check? I just clicked the button and it said no misspellings found... I really didnt think I spelled tieing right...
Im a really bad speller and spell check picks up alot of misspelled words from me... Just that it didnt find anything kinda freaks me out!****
Old 03-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus
Though it looks weird, it's correct.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #18
I work for a dotcom (a profitable one at that!). The bosses are just glad we show up with clothes on! If you wear a shirt and tie to work, everyone thinks you have a job interview somewhere else that day!
Actually I only go into the office 2 or 3 days a week, most weeks just 2. The rest of the week I telecommute.
Regardless of location, I wear Jeans and a flannel shirt October-April, shorts and a tshirt May-September.
If I ever get a job where I have to "dress professionally," it will cost me a nice chunk of change for a whole new wardrobe!
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com