Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Prolific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 77
Should I leave the jungle look??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524873839.429192.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	308674Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524873851.082940.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	308675Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524873861.074516.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	308676
__________________

__________________
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Angellove78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hart,mi.
Posts: 1,649
I'd trim a little here and there. See what you can create. Make your own art piece. Put them tools to work. Unless you like it, then leave it. Your neons probably like it.
__________________

__________________
Angellove78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Prolific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellove78 View Post
I'd trim a little here and there. See what you can create. Make your own art piece. Put them tools to work. Unless you like it, then leave it. Your neons probably like it.
I just trim it last week the c02 system make this plants grow so so fast the neon like it but there more like mid tank swimmers but my scarlet badest common name dario dario absolutely love the tall grass
__________________
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolific View Post
I like the overall planting, but you're losing your layers. Cut the very front plants to about 2 1/2 inches and the ones behind to about 3 1/2 inches so you can still see them just above the front ones. For the sides and back, cut out the major parts that are protruding out into the middle parts of the tank to give the plants more of a "picture frame" look around the open middle section. So just a lot of pruning, but no bulldozing.
__________________
drjallen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Fresh2o's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 12,856
When I kept a planted tank I was trimming the plants every 1-2 weeks. If I were doing a grow out for an auction or sale, I might let it go 4 weeks.
The carpet required weekly trimming to keep it healthy.
__________________
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Angellove78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hart,mi.
Posts: 1,649
I'd trim the left side to let that lotus hit the top. They add a lot of color to a tank. Mine are just getting started. I love them. And I'd do the layer trimming for the front and leave the right side long.
__________________
Angellove78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:30 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Prolific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjallen3 View Post
I like the overall planting, but you're losing your layers. Cut the very front plants to about 2 1/2 inches and the ones behind to about 3 1/2 inches so you can still see them just above the front ones. For the sides and back, cut out the major parts that are protruding out into the middle parts of the tank to give the plants more of a "picture frame" look around the open middle section. So just a lot of pruning, but no bulldozing.
Just started Triming I mate lower my liquid ferts cuz I kid you not I trim this last wendsday I have 25 dollars in my local pet store in credit do to all the plants I brought to them last week mate do the same this week but thanks for your great input
__________________
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:31 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Prolific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
When I kept a planted tank I was trimming the plants every 1-2 weeks. If I were doing a grow out for an auction or sale, I might let it go 4 weeks.
The carpet required weekly trimming to keep it healthy.
Does Triming make your plants grow faster cuz my tank was growing in a good pace tell I did my first Triming last mouth
__________________
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:33 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Prolific's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellove78 View Post
I'd trim the left side to let that lotus hit the top. They add a lot of color to a tank. Mine are just getting started. I love them. And I'd do the layer trimming for the front and leave the right side long.
Will do thanks
__________________
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Brookster123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 18,990
If you don't trim you'll get shading which will.most likely cause awkward growth and die off. Best to keep everything under the sun.
__________________

__________________
I'm not really here... fell in the tank and my phone is just that smart
Brookster123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jungle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long should I leave the shrimp in the tank? InfernoST Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started 3 07-03-2009 07:19 PM
How should I leave the carbon insert... melissa1977 Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 4 01-11-2006 01:53 PM
Old leaves on Anubius have algea....should I trim or leave? gfink Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 6 08-02-2005 10:55 PM
My new shipment looks like it came with a pod should I leave Scatcat Saltwater Reef Aquaria 4 05-05-2005 09:42 PM
Look!! Look!! Look!!! Meredith Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 27 04-14-2005 11:49 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.