Should I leave the jungle look??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd trim a little here and there. See what you can create. Make your own art piece. Put them tools to work. Unless you like it, then leave it. Your neons probably like it.

I'd trim a little here and there. See what you can create. Make your own art piece. Put them tools to work. Unless you like it, then leave it. Your neons probably like it.
I just trim it last week the c02 system make this plants grow so so fast the neon like it but there more like mid tank swimmers but my scarlet badest common name dario dario absolutely love the tall grass

I like the overall planting, but you're losing your layers. Cut the very front plants to about 2 1/2 inches and the ones behind to about 3 1/2 inches so you can still see them just above the front ones. For the sides and back, cut out the major parts that are protruding out into the middle parts of the tank to give the plants more of a "picture frame" look around the open middle section. So just a lot of pruning, but no bulldozing.

When I kept a planted tank I was trimming the plants every 1-2 weeks. If I were doing a grow out for an auction or sale, I might let it go 4 weeks.
The carpet required weekly trimming to keep it healthy.

I'd trim the left side to let that lotus hit the top. They add a lot of color to a tank. Mine are just getting started. I love them. And I'd do the layer trimming for the front and leave the right side long.

I like the overall planting, but you're losing your layers. Cut the very front plants to about 2 1/2 inches and the ones behind to about 3 1/2 inches so you can still see them just above the front ones. For the sides and back, cut out the major parts that are protruding out into the middle parts of the tank to give the plants more of a "picture frame" look around the open middle section. So just a lot of pruning, but no bulldozing.

Just started Triming I mate lower my liquid ferts cuz I kid you not I trim this last wendsday I have 25 dollars in my local pet store in credit do to all the plants I brought to them last week mate do the same this week but thanks for your great input

When I kept a planted tank I was trimming the plants every 1-2 weeks. If I were doing a grow out for an auction or sale, I might let it go 4 weeks.
The carpet required weekly trimming to keep it healthy.
Does Triming make your plants grow faster cuz my tank was growing in a good pace tell I did my first Triming last mouth

I'd trim the left side to let that lotus hit the top. They add a lot of color to a tank. Mine are just getting started. I love them. And I'd do the layer trimming for the front and leave the right side long.
Will do thanks

If you don't trim you'll get shading which will.most likely cause awkward growth and die off. Best to keep everything under the sun.

...to add to this, trimming may promote branching in some plants, resulting in fuller growth.
Also, there are the aesthetic factors (if not already mentioned).
I funded my hobby through plants sales to other hobbyists.

...to add to this, trimming may promote branching in some plants, resulting in fuller growth.
Also, there are the aesthetic factors (if not already mentioned).
I funded my hobby through plants sales to other hobbyists.
I didn't initially know that you were selling your cuttings...but that's great. The plants are in beautiful condition, just simply taking away the nice open area in the midsection where you have that nice driftwood...not to mention swimming area for the fish.

I didn't initially know that you were selling your cuttings...but that's great. The plants are in beautiful condition, just simply taking away the nice open area in the midsection where you have that nice driftwood...not to mention swimming area for the fish.

I broke down my planted tank at the end of 2017. I used to keep a Dutch like tank much like the OP’s tank then went for a carpet with rocks look. Album here
https://m.imgur.com/a/TlP28

Back
Top Bottom