Should I rescape my 29 gal. tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys, I sorta want to do a major rescape on my 29 gallon tank. So far it has a piece of wood, multiple natural looking artificial plants, 1 anubias nana, black gravel, and a fake floating plant. I would like to have a small piece of darker twisted wood, white sand with some black gravel in clumps near the back of the tank in the corners, and some live plants. I want to change the stock also. Currently i have 5 diamond tetras, 6 cardinal tetras, a bolivian ram, and a bushynose pleco. I'd like to have 3 bolivian rams (with hiding places so they dont beat eachother up), 8 emperor tetras, 3 nerite snails, and 4 otocinclus. Should I do it?

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Hi guys, I sorta want to do a major rescape on my 29 gallon tank. So far it has a piece of wood, multiple natural looking artificial plants, 1 anubias nana, black gravel, and a fake floating plant. I would like to have a small piece of darker twisted wood, white sand with some black gravel in clumps near the back of the tank in the corners, and some live plants. I want to change the stock also. Currently i have 5 diamond tetras, 6 cardinal tetras, a bolivian ram, and a bushynose pleco. I'd like to have 3 bolivian rams (with hiding places so they dont beat eachother up), 8 emperor tetras, 3 nerite snails, and 4 otocinclus. Should I do it?

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

I wouldn't add 3 more Bolivian Rams, and would add one more at the most. I think it would look sort of busy with in your tank with another school of tetras. They would be swimming in the same area of the tank and it might take away from the hardscape. Maybe you could add a group of bottom dwelling fish--say Albino Cory Cats or Kuhli Loaches, for example. About the rescape, that is sort of up to you. If you want to change your tank and don't like it, do the rescape. About the fake plants, you might be happier with easy, low light plants. It's up to you though in the end! Could I see a picture of your tank? I might be able to recommend some things based on what you like.

I'd look at black sand. White sand is nice but I'm my experience it takes away from the beauty of the fish with how bright it is(especially in planted tanks since they have higher lighting). On top of that, it's also easier to see waste than on black sand.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom