Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-12-2005, 12:42 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Shrinking aquariums???

<tongue-in-cheek> (moved from general FW discussion)
When I inherited my 15 gallon tank, I thought it was great. Then I found a 30 gallon for cheap. ooooo I thought I had a whole ocean in my house.

Now after having read about how best to stock aquariums and take care of the water parameters.... Let's just say my aquariums heard about my research and then shrunk to about a quarter of the size they were before. They can't house nearly as many fish as when they first came into my home.

Anyone else's aquariums shrink after they got 'em?

Old 08-12-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
u shud try sumthing territorial then. my tank can hold one yabby, anymore and they eat each other.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to flipz
thankfully i did all my research before i got my first tank.

i don't blame anyone though. MOST first stores don't do anything to actually inform people about cycling, setting up their tank, stocking it, etc. they just want to sell you everything they can.
Come join the Ohio forum on AA!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
This is the first step to MTS, realizing that your tank just isn't big enough. I know what you mean though. Our largest tank was a 55 gal tank and we just kept buying Africans. Then we upgraded to the 150 and it seems like it is too small to hold all the Africans that we want. When I was planning out the new 55 gal tank, I looked at the stocking list and thought to myself, I can ONLY keep 25 fish in this tank. I can already feel another big tank around the corner.
Vote for Aquarium Advice

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com