Sick fish from pet shops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agaul23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went and bought a new large fish tank today. Decided a change was In order. I'm a fairly new fish owner, the original fish tank I bought, was in hindsight a very bad choice. Too deep to short your plants n clean etc, and just isn't as pretty as I thought it would look.
I read about quarantining your fish after u buy them, and I've just started doing this. The last few I bought, I had put directly in to the main tank, n three were visibly sick the next day so I had to add medicine to the water n they seem fine now.
After buying the new tank today, the shop owner gave me about 13 guppy females for free! I had originally thought to buy some as I had only males at the moment. The shop owner added them in for free for buying a tank. But after examining them on the way home, I see they are all very sick fish, 3 died on the way home. 10 remaining, and I hope I can bring them back to health

They all died over night sadly :( terrible fish shop. That's not where I would usual go to buy fish, my local fish shop is small and does a good business it seems, their fish tend to be quite healthy( I tink cuz they're not in the shop long enough to get sick).
I think it was fin rot, their tail fins had pretty much been eaten away, they weren't long for the world when I got them, and the medicine wasn't any help.

happier news today, a new guppy I got recently gave birth to fry today

Back
Top Bottom