Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Ewokbuns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: vviiii
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
Some people are amazed at how attached I can get to some fish like my pearl gouramis and my angelfish. When people make fun of me for being upset that I lost a fish, I find it harder to sympathize for people who lose a dog

Yeah, I've definitely come to love my African Dwarf Frogs. They're so funny to watch.
__________________

__________________
I love my Frog! His name is Barfolemule. He's kind of lazy, but so am I!
Ewokbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:28 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
Some people are amazed at how attached I can get to some fish like my pearl gouramis and my angelfish. When people make fun of me for being upset that I lost a fish, I find it harder to sympathize for people who lose a dog
Haha my gf just made fun of me for saying I've buried some of my fish that have died...
__________________

__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:38 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
aquandrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: waconia minnesota
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
Haha my gf just made fun of me for saying I've buried some of my fish that have died...

my girlfriend cried when her oscar died. I'm glad i have someone to support my fishy habits, but her dad hates all of our aquariums...
__________________
aquandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquandrew View Post
my girlfriend cried when her oscar died. I'm glad i have someone to support my fishy habits, but her dad hates all of our aquariums...
She supports it for the most part haha.
__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:45 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Darylb's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: western australia
Posts: 2,336
My girlfriend lives the fish but laughs when they die her mum and brothers thought it was funny how he was stuck in the power head and her brother was happy it died I was pretty annoyed at him he has been so disrespectful lately I got his ps3 at the moment cos he was naughty haha
__________________
Darylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Brookster123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 18,384
My gf's friends had an intervention for her last weekend because I have set up 3 new tanks in as many months.. She told them to mind their own business that's my girl!!
__________________
I'm not really here... fell in the tank and my phone is just that smart
Brookster123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Rare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 670
Here is my take on this as I don't sugar coat things....Why do you guys care about what other people think or if they take you seriously? I might be coming off as an _ _ _ but really...Do what you like & love, & if it makes you feel better that you tried to keep your fish alive that's all the counts. The world is a tough place & if this is really is bothering you....Many of you are in for a rude awaking.
__________________
Rare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post
Here is my take on this as I don't sugar coat things....Why do you guys care about what other people think or if they take you seriously? I might be coming off as an _ _ _ but really...Do what you like & love, & if it makes you feel better that you tried to keep your fish alive that's all the counts. The world is a tough place & if this is really is bothering you....Many of you are in for a rude awaking.
Lol very true there are much worse things in life than a fish dying.
__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
mr_X's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fairless Hills, Pa.
Posts: 17,895
Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
People don't get it.. Than again when I see someone with a sweater on their tiny dog.. Hmmmm
Dogs do freeze to death just like humans. They are not impervious to the cold because they have a thin fur coating.
__________________
thanks,
Doug
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Brookster123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 18,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Dogs do freeze to death just like humans. They are not impervious to the cold because they have a thin fur coating.
Uhh ohh, whole notha debate my friend! Why get a husky if you live in Arizona? Why get a chihuahua if you live in maine?! Why get a 10" Oscar for a 10 gal tank? Why..... :head explodes:
__________________

__________________
I'm not really here... fell in the tank and my phone is just that smart
Brookster123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tips on keeping water temp down Incisions072185 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 07-07-2013 08:29 PM
Sick Zebra Eel mysticeel Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral 8 08-22-2011 04:33 AM
sick Mrs Molly Jackie1966 Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding 0 08-14-2011 08:19 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.