Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2014, 01:55 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I spent hours trying to save our yellow eyed tang. My classmates didn't get why I wanted to rush home from school to check on it. So far all of our sick babies have died except the coral beauty with pop eye. I almost cried when our sea hare, Harvey died.
I'm afraid to admit what we do with our casualties.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

I used to bury all my pets. I think I should start doing that again. Make a little fish cemetery. The only fish I buried was my Betta, Henry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 06-11-2014, 02:10 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Regular

I had a funeral for my goldfish. It was my first ever fish, and I got it when I was 10. It lived to be 8 years old.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Newbie

For those people who don't understand why we love our pets , please watch Earthlings.com this will give insight that animals need love too.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Ugh...Earthlings....heart breaking. It stopped me from eating most animals. I know, I know...but baby steps.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you for your compassion towards animals . Please google , " the best speech you will ever hear " by Gary Yourofsky .
Old 06-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Activist

It must be ethics night here at AA. I just replied to another thread on the ethics surrounding our hobby. I just saw on the news that here in baltimore, md(where i live) a cop slit the throat of a stray dog. They caught the dog with one of those poles with a loop on the end, then AFTER the dog was controlled he reached down and slit the dogs throat. Granted this guy has some serious mental problems, but the first thing i thought was that hes probably never had a pet. Whether you have had a goldfish, a gerbil, or a thoroughbred racing horse... You gain a certain respect for animals and life in general. I guess my point is that people who have the "just get another one" attitude have never had respect or love for either a pet or an animal in nature. IMO keeping pets responsibly is not inherently evil, and quite possibly is instills a morality that people like this cop obviously lacks. Im feeling quite the philosopher tonight!!
Old 06-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Regular

I agree. People have differing opinions on pets and what makes good ones (in PETA's case maybe a rock if its not a "wild" rock lol) . But really doesn't it really come down to how we care for our pets? Research is a key to any pet wether it be a great dane down to some of the smallest inverts we keep in tanks, if we do the necessary research and ask ourselves enough questions to look for answers too ( to the point it seems like obsession to an on looker) so we can properly care for our finned, furred, feathered, scaled friends then let it be. IMO if you lack the basic human compasity for compassion towards animals of all kinds you don't deserve the priveledge or the honor of having the trust and care an animal can show you. So just because someone doesn't understand your hobby/ pet choice just think about the rewards and surprises waiting for you when you walk through the door and view your care, research and devotion in your tank (or whatever else you keep)

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 06-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I want to thank all those who have expressed their opinions and feelings .
I have been VEGAN now three years .
It was easy for me to make that life change because of the ethical reasons of what being a vegan is all about .
Animals are not objects , they to have feelings and a purpose and a right to live in peace .
I'm deeply saddened every day knowing how animals are raised and treated ( factory farming (google it . ) . However by not consuming animal products statistically I am saving about 900 farm animals a year .
I feel better knowing that there are people , like yourself that has compassion towards animals .
Thank you
Veganeer
Old 06-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Those of you who want to know more about being Vegan , google " the best speech you will ever hear " by Gary Yourofsky. Also watch Earthlings.com
Is life changing , that's why I'm Vegan .

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com